• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best reeds for new 800?

Olzy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2015
Boyesen rad valves or Vforce?

Best power improvement?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Olzy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2015
Stock. This isn't 2003.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
So stock is best just like the stock mapping, pipe, clutching, gearing and so on??? Lol
My 16 m8000 likes the Boyesens better than the stockers.

R
Jul 23, 2018
I haven’t tried updated reeds in a sleed yet but I’ve built many race banshees and quadzillas and so forth but VForce reeds always out performed boysen for me even on a dyno. But again this is 2strokes quads not sleds

Olzy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2015
I haven’t tried updated reeds in a sleed yet but I’ve built many race banshees and quadzillas and so forth but VForce reeds always out performed boysen for me even on a dyno. But again this is 2strokes quads not sleds
Yeah I know in past experiences in dirtbike and sleds some respond better to one brand than the other and some don't do much at all over stock.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Do reeds really make that much difference in power?i always thought they were more about responce than hp>

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
reed valves

We sell both the Boyesen and the V force. We haven't tested the new v force for the new motor yet, but the Boyesens we have and they definitely work. I think the stock dual cage reed valve is actually quite restrictive in the middle. I think the reed petal life will be better with the 2018 stock cage, but definitely doesn't make any more power. But when we installed the Boyesens on our test machine the sled pulled more rpm, so we ended up adding more clutch weight. And they have killer throttle response.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=190&controller=category

Premium Features