• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How reliable has your 2018 been?

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Cat ctec

1600 km no issues and still stock belt. Had the oil light issue on an early release last year was due to moisture. Dielectric grease fixed that. Remove the throttle safety switch out of the throttle block right away and save yourself a lot of trouble (wear a tether). Do yourself a favor and buy an aftermarket upper steering post bushing to eliminate the wear and slop. Seal up the intake with duct tape or silicone in the couple spots they show daylight. This sled is truly amazing out of the box needs very little.

On the tss do you tape it closed or jump it out? Where do you buy steering bushings from?

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Good reviews guy's !!! Looks like Cat is making a come back in a big way!!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2018 snopro

I had to top up the antifreeze after the first ride.
Since then not a single problem.
Still on original belt.
Still riding in northern Saskatchewan.

T
Aug 23, 2013
Going on 3rd engine. Possible cause of first failure due to gap in intakes at 375km. Second failure a crank bearing at 1700km on machine....

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Going on 3rd engine. Possible cause of first failure due to gap in intakes at 375km. Second failure a crank bearing at 1700km on machine....
I understand the intake issue as a problem, as engines are not designed for snow ingestion. Bearing however, cause? Bad seal?

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
503 miles of awesome. Love the smooth, reactive clutching. The Ctec 800 is super crisp and pulls very strong. 162 - 3" PowerClaw is a monster.

Love the sled. I'd do it again and again if I was made of $$. Ride it for a couple more years and then getting an Alpha!

T
Aug 23, 2013
Still waiting for a replacement engine… Sleds been in the shop for at least 60 days total this season at this point. Customer service at cat is horrible takes about 3 to 4 days just to get a hold of anybody. Skidoo dealer stocks 800 etec and on average has their customers up and back running in less than a week…

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Still waiting for a replacement engine… Sleds been in the shop for at least 60 days total this season at this point. Customer service at cat is horrible takes about 3 to 4 days just to get a hold of anybody. Skidoo dealer stocks 800 etec and on average has their customers up and back running in less than a week…

yeah...because they go through so many Doo motors

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho

It's unfortunate that you've had so many issues. Based on the forums I'm hoping your experience is one of the exceptions. As far as Cat's service, I honestly think it depends on your dealer. Over the years I haven't had a lot of issues but when I did I was back on the snow in under two weeks. I sometimes think ignoring the warranty and rebuilding stuff yourself might be smarter since that leaves you better in control than relying on a dealer that might not care or is just overloaded with service work.

Premium Features