• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This should be a free public forum

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
So Long SW!

You cant read a thread unless it is less than 50 posts? WTF allot of good threads with great topics go over that!

I hate to see where this is going, because it has been a fun place over the years.

I'm out!

Last edited:
P
Nov 27, 2007
I read 1 post and then thats it unless you pay ?

have been checking these forums out for a long time but pay for a forum most likely not . But I am sure a new free open forum will show up soon enough from someone else who see's the opportunity.

Not that this forum is not worth paying for. but that is how it seems to go.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Just a little conversation that I had with Chris:

They keep talking about the numbers and when you look the amount of members vs. guest. Look at it this way I'm a member but can't look at alot of things on here so what is the point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Well look at it this way:

Say I own a buisness and want people to find out what is going on with my buisness. I know alot of people that come here first to find out how or what I'm doing with my buisness! Now that traffic is going to be cut in lets say half, because of basic memberships cant read my thread!

Make sense? Not sure what the 50 thread count would have to do with this?

I almost paid for my membership, but now I have second thoughts?
Kyle

The majority of people that come to SnoWest are cruisers out looking for information. No argument. Most will never post or contribute anything to the fourms

Look at this number, it si VERY telling.
Currently Active Users: 3481 (2205 members and 1276 guests)

There are 1,276 people on the forum right now who are GUESTS. A guest is someone that just clicked on a link and landed in one of our threads. But a Guest can't hardly do anything at all until they register as a free member. And yet, look at the massive amount of traffic we are getting from guests!

Many of those guest are registering directly into Premium Members, and of course that is our goal, we want as many premium members as possible.

Right now a guest hits the read limit on post #3 of a thread. Where as a free member hits the limit at post #50.

This means that for the most part, the free members can see the vast majority of posts on SnoWest, as most threads do not exceed 50 posts. We are of course trying to find a balance between what we offer for free and what charge for.

But in all seriousness, at 2 cents a day, is there anyone on snowest that would not get their money's worth,

: 36 Days, 0 Hours

Last edited:
P
Nov 27, 2007
time will tell, but it will most likely be the downturn in people that use the forum to find answers to the questions they have. and history will show you the result of this decision. people move on to other things. I think that advertising for products should be what keeps the forums free, I know I have bought product I have found through the forums, and it is all over the forums(advertisements for products)

Premium Features