• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo sub forum under Performance/Modified

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right now I am working on the "Ski-Doo" forums as my test bed for breaking out the Sled Forums.

So, I have created forums for each of the sled styles that Ski-Doo has thus far created.

Now I have to decide if we want to break it down even further?

You want something on TURBOS or perhaps SUPERCHARGERS.

My question is this.

Would it apply across the board to ALL ski-doos, regardless of model/year, or would we do this on a Chassis by Chassis basis?

Does Turbo information on an XP really have anything to do with Turbo information on REV.?

Or is High Performance a category all unto itself ??

C
Nov 28, 2007
Elizabeth Co
would be better to have a turbo section under performance because a lot of that info crosses over sled to sled

and it would make it easier for you not to ad a separate section for every sled produced that somebody could throw a turbo on

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have NO problem with building all the new forums we need.

But I want to be SURE we really do need them and that they will be used and frequented on a regular basis after I create them.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
as coyote said it would be best to have it under Performance/Modified, maybe call it Forced Induction that way it would include turbos and superchargers.

As far as splitting each sled type up, I personally think it is more trouble then it is worth and I often come across threads that pertain to my sled but are about other sleds. Hardcoresledder has this in their forums and I hate it, threads are always posted under the wrong sled type and good questions/discussions never get seen except for the select few people that look under that sled type.

Instead of breaking down each sled under each manufacturer, how about a general and a tech forum under each. It would be a simpler structure, less moderation/thread moving and it would keep all the tech threads together.

Polaris
>General
>Tech

Arctic Cat
>General
>Tech

etc.

Perfomance/Modified
>Forced Induction

just my 2c, but I have built and moderated forums before and unless there is a ton of threads about one specific topic it's best that it doesn't have its own sub forum.

Another option for sub forums under each manufacturer would be a Vendor sub forum, or a new Vendor forum all together.

Edit: I just checked the Skidoo section and as you can see every one is still posting under general where they know it will get more views.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A Vendor forum section is forthcoming...

As for posting to the WRONG section.
That is the job of the MODERATORS.
To read and then MOVE threads as needed to make sure they DO end up in the proper location.

Can I get some input from another 10-15 users please???

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
as coyote said it would be best to have it under Performance/Modified, maybe call it Forced Induction that way it would include turbos and superchargers.

As far as splitting each sled type up, I personally think it is more trouble then it is worth and I often come across threads that pertain to my sled but are about other sleds. Hardcoresledder has this in their forums and I hate it, threads are always posted under the wrong sled type and good questions/discussions never get seen except for the select few people that look under that sled type.

Instead of breaking down each sled under each manufacturer, how about a general and a tech forum under each. It would be a simpler structure, less moderation/thread moving and it would keep all the tech threads together.

Polaris
>General
>Tech

Arctic Cat
>General
>Tech

etc.

Perfomance/Modified
>Forced Induction

just my 2c, but I have built and moderated forums before and unless there is a ton of threads about one specific topic it's best that it doesn't have its own sub forum.

Another option for sub forums under each manufacturer would be a Vendor sub forum, or a new Vendor forum all together.

Edit: I just checked the Skidoo section and as you can see every one is still posting under general where they know it will get more views.
I for one would love this type of sectioning and agree with Alaskan on the issues on HCS. That's why I never bother going on there unless I'm looking for something real specific.

Too many subs make it difficult for people to find what they are looking for just as much as too general of categories. This is especially true for those that are newbs to both the forum and the sport. They might not know all the catchy lingo the rest of us clowns take for granted.

And definitely agree on the turbo/forced induction in the perf/mod area. There's tons of info that crosses brand lines and would make it much easier to find the info your looking for. Ever tried searching "turbo", "bov", "intercooler" in perf/mod? it's like searching a genaric term in google.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think everyone on the forum is in general agreeance that we do NOT want to OVER categorize things.

There seems to be a strong small group that is completely opposed to any changes at all, but most are in favor of some minor/simple categories being introduced.

If Forced Induction truly crosses all of the brand names, and is mostly cross applicable, then by all means I would be happy to create a forum for this that is not a sub-forum of any of the Sled Brands.

But I will offer this up for thought.

If I was brand new to SnoWest.
And I came in here looking for a Turbo-Charger for my Summit XP, the first place I would go was into the SKI-DOO forums, as I would just "assume" that turbos are VERY brand specific in their packaging from the various manufacturers...

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I think everyone on the forum is in general agreeance that we do NOT want to OVER categorize things.

There seems to be a strong small group that is completely opposed to any changes at all, but most are in favor of some minor/simple categories being introduced.

If Forced Induction truly crosses all of the brand names, and is mostly cross applicable, then by all means I would be happy to create a forum for this that is not a sub-forum of any of the Sled Brands.

But I will offer this up for thought.

If I was brand new to SnoWest.
And I came in here looking for a Turbo-Charger for my Summit XP, the first place I would go was into the SKI-DOO forums, as I would just "assume" that turbos are VERY brand specific in their packaging from the various manufacturers...

IMO it should be generalized If i came on here and was looking for any kind of turbo info and seen there was a specific forum dedicated to this that is where I would look. and i think you will see more traffic by putting them under one forum, Im not always looking for arctic cat turbo info I am alway looking to see what is going on with all the turbos

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I don't have any answers but I am really interested in turbos for the XP and I like to read all of the comments regarding all boost providers but I hate having to sift through all of the other stuff that I could care less about.

I think that a turbo section in Ski-Doo would be ideal because that is a different monster altogether since Doos have carbs and no EFI. Thus the turbo setup, install, parts and such is way different than the fuel-injected set ups.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
My vote goes to putting a turbo subforum in each of the brands. None of the kits are really interchangeable between the big 4. Jmo:beer; Also I agree with breaking the sleds down by model.

ps Thanks for taking your personal time to better the forums and respecting everyones individual input. A+ Job!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There is no doubt in my mind that we NEED a Turbo or Forced Induction forum.

But I remain uncertain if it should be GENERAL for all the Sleds, or a sub-forum for EACH of the sled brands.

PLEASE keep offering your comments.

Premium Features