• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso ski pressure

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
I installed my kit today. It ended up sitting perfectly flat on the floor as per the instructions when I was done. Letting out the limiter strap is a PITA whoever designed that pathetic system should be shot with a frozen ball of their own $hit. There is no way you could do that on the trail, ever. Hopefully the ski pressure is decent.

M5

"Frozen ball of their own $hit!! Lol. That is a new one....gotta remember that one.

So, which position did you choose for your limiters, powder or firm?

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
isn't that how they come from the factory?

My 2017 Camso came from the factory with the single limiter cable.

I have a service bulletin upgrade kit (for free) from Camso to switch to the 2018 two piece, cam style....just trying to decide which way I want to install mine.

Because (as stated earlier) once I set that sucker, it probably isn't going to get changed anytime soon since its not a simple trail side task.

I think the firm snow setting will be best suited to our "Cascade Concrete" style snow we have here.

D
Nov 22, 2017
My 2017 Camso came from the factory with the single limiter cable.

I have a service bulletin upgrade kit (for free) from Camso to switch to the 2018 two piece, cam style....just trying to decide which way I want to install mine.

Because (as stated earlier) once I set that sucker, it probably isn't going to get changed anytime soon since its not a simple trail side task.

I think the firm snow setting will be best suited to our "Cascade Concrete" style snow we have here.

ok that makes sense. I have the 18 and was trying to figure out which way to go myself. Where we are we awesome deep powder up high, but you have to take some insanely long (20km - 35 kms, about 12 to 20 miles each way ) trails to get there. The trails vary from smooth cordoury to absolutely whooped out garbage, but once you get up top it opens up into sweet wide open meadows and treed hills/ with large open areas. So I figure I'll end up spending way more time on the trail so might have to use that as the default setting a hand cranked cam on the outside would have made that a nice feature.

M
Jan 14, 2004
In order to set up the bike the instructions say the limiter needs to be in the powder position when doing the adjustments for approach angle. The kit is shipped with the limiter in hard pack position also stated in the instructions.

M5

Premium Features