• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best headlight delete? Whole new hood? Just headlight delete kit? Which brand?

B
Mar 9, 2009
Minnesota
I have a 14 M8 snopro and want to do a headlight delete but the options seem to be endless and I kinda want to get the best bang for the buck as anyone would. I don't know if I should make one myself or buy a whole new hood or just buy a reaper or bdx delete. And what most people are buying for a headlight after you do the delete. Thanks

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
I did the BDX and went with a helmet light instead of a light... helmet light is MUCH better then a standard light anyways IMO... lots of weight to be lost there as well.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I bought the BDX hood because of the prise, and I want to have the option of putting the sled back to stock again if that is needed.
Haven`t installed mine yet but it looks fairly simple and easy doing :)

With the reaper kit you do have to do a lot of drilling and cutting in the hood, but price wise it is a lot cheaper than other options :) And you get the powder coated parts in optional colors, you get vents with both the mesh cloth and metal mesh on the vents.
The part I do like about reaper kit is that he makes the new gauge bracket with key holder and 12V holder.

I would buy that kit if I would not want the option of going back to stock again.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
What have you guys done with the stock headlight wires?
I don`t want to cut mine of and want to keep them for later if my stock setup is going back on! :)

C

Cryme_Ariver

Mar 5, 2013
Steamboat Springs CO
The reaper motorsports kit is the only kit I would go with. Fit and finish is outstanding and it looks way better with having the options of powder coating the vents. He has a lot of kits on the snow so far and I haven't heard any negative feedback. The price is a lot cheaper then BDX too.

I just put black electrical tape over the ends of the headlight wire hookups and tucked them under my gauge where the rest of my wiring was at. This worked great and after a few hundred trouble free miles I put an LED light bar on my sled and was able to just remove the tape and wire directly into the low/high beam switch.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Just ordered the SLP air temp reallocator kit so I don`t have to attack and cut into the wires on my sled.
Just don`t like the thought of cutting into stock wires.
I want to keep all my wires stock if I ever go back to stock again :)

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Anyone try the mountain fit setup.. looks like the price is cheap.. not sure how good it is though..

I ran one last year. Kincaid and McClure are running them this year and Bikeman had bought quite a few of them along with D&D. I can't disclose dyno numbers but did over hear at Haydays the Mtn fit has the best numbers by as many as 8hp over the competitors. Hood is easy to install and can be put back to stock in about 5 minutes. Pm me if you have any questions.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
The only reason I did not go for the mountain fit hood is because of all the riveting and glue you have to do.
If the 800`s hood came all done and you just had to add the vents, it would be a option for me. So I went for the BDX instead.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
You have to contact ReaperMotorsports here on the forum. He makes the kit and does not have a own web site. He makes the kit for people and sell them. Even tho I think he should go public and mass produce kits and parts from the kit ;)

B
Mar 8, 2012
lewiston idaho
I ran one last year. Kincaid and McClure are running them this year and Bikeman had bought quite a few of them along with D&D. I can't disclose dyno numbers but did over hear at Haydays the Mtn fit has the best numbers by as many as 8hp over the competitors. Hood is easy to install and can be put back to stock in about 5 minutes. Pm me if you have any questions.
How do I get a hold of mountain fit ? Or where can I get some info kn their products?

kr ingebrigtsen

Lifetime Membership
May 25, 2010
Trying to make my own head light delet kit, but wondering how i should do it around the gauge, key and 12v.

Please post pic of your head light delete.

head light delete KRI.jpg

Premium Features