• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best 5 things you did to your rev ?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I changed out the track to a 2.5"x155" CE
872R Trygstad
WRP running boards
XXX ModRods Vent Kit
Boss Seat

I guess I should mention that there are a ton of cheap (or free) and easy mods that can be done to this sled. I have done most of them... i.e. post forward, cutting the rear of the tunnel, modding the rear portion of the stock running boards, etc...

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Here are some pics of my tunnel after I cut it. I also cut the running boards and pushed them up to give some rear footrests. I am going to have them welded to the tunnel to make them stronger. Right now they are just tack welded and riveted in place.

IMG_0029.jpg IMG_5573.jpg IMG_7871.jpg IMG_8515.jpg IMG_9695.jpg

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Here are some pics of my tunnel after I cut it. I also cut the running boards and pushed them up to give some rear footrests. I am going to have them welded to the tunnel to make them stronger. Right now they are just tack welded and riveted in place.
Looks good .Cheers

W
Nov 26, 2007
1. DJ's clutch kit
2. Snow eliminator running boards
3. rebuilt shocks
4. Move steering forward
5. Run track loose.But not ratcheting loose
6. remove sway bars
Sled is an 04 x with a 159 in stock track. It is a blast riding it with guys that have a lot more money into their sleds and being able to go anywhere they do.

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
when cutting the tunnel, what happens to the strength/rigidness of it?

looks like you have to cut through some bracing for the tunnel?
I did have to cut through some of the bracing, but if I remember correctly, I only took out about 2 inches of material on each side. I did drill and add some large rivets to each side to help compensate for the material I removed. I have one whole season on my tunnel like this and have had no problems with yanking on it or lifting the sled by the bumper. I have seen no flexing of the tunnel either.

2 weeks ago I had the sled suspended on a gantry crane (from the rear bumper) to change out the track and suspension brackets. There was zero flex while doing that also.

T
Sep 1, 2009
Sledsrock, I think I see a stain on the yellow that you missed down by the exhaust.

Better get the kids out there and show them how to get it right next time.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
My top 5 I can think of now

Snow Eliminators
Handle bar Risers
06 Summit X seat
AI 37inch front end
removed the swaybar

couple more good ones
steering post forward mod
Tmotion skid
Footwell sidepanel trim mod
In dash Snowbunjie mod
Challenger 162x2.3 track

top list was to me the ones that were the most noticeable and made riding the best.

Wildcard

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Sledsrock, I think I see a stain on the yellow that you missed down by the exhaust.

Better get the kids out there and show them how to get it right next time.

Nice catch, no allowance for them this week! Thanks. Actually it's tree damage, a big scrape.....hey it happens.

Premium Features