• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cat

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Wow, I guess at this point I'm not disappointed in my decision to buy a Pro. Ugly, obviously not light, and looks like the first stump you hit is going to cost a lot of money if the length of those a arms are any indicator of the price! The plastic M bumper was dirty tough, and didn't bend like a metal one will. Same 800 motor, and an underpowered overweight four stroke. 177 horsepower is great, but when you can reliably run 200 horse out of a pump gas m8 at 100 less pounds, come on now! I haven't seen prices, but I'm sure they are astronomical.

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
No weights? I just snochecked a pro rmk dbags..really, wait all this time and no waits?

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Wow, I guess at this point I'm not disappointed in my decision to buy a Pro. Ugly, obviously not light, and looks like the first stump you hit is going to cost a lot of money if the length of those a arms are any indicator of the price! The plastic M bumper was dirty tough, and didn't bend like a metal one will. Same 800 motor, and an underpowered overweight four stroke. 177 horsepower is great, but when you can reliably run 200 horse out of a pump gas m8 at 100 less pounds, come on now! I haven't seen prices, but I'm sure they are astronomical.

they look cheaper to make then the current a-arms and what do you think eats 90 % of anything that gets in front of your current sled A-ARMS....they look way easier to change then current m-series, they have more travel, the chassis looks way lighter, the tube frame gives a super great steering support and rigids up the whole bulkhead and tunnel!. serious its mostly tubed bulkhead that you can change out all the tubes... im stoked as hell.

in alaska where we ride 0-5000, you dont see turbos on 2 stokes, we see 160 hp on the hills, and if your talking about putting a turbo on a pro, then why not one on the 800 cat?

what makes you think its heavy? look at the picture of the rolling chassis the bulkhead is all carbon fibre and tube framed..... just cause you hear the word 4 stroke doesnt mean the 2 stoke is going to be heavy. if it will withstand the torque and weight of the 4 stoke up to 290 hp motor then it should be plenty strong enough for a 2 stoke 800 to beatup on all day!!

what am i missing here, you guys just cant get over the fact they stuck a 4 stroke in it???

dont forget they put the highest horsepower 2 stroke in the industry in it and with the new suspension.. i cant wait to jump it. i guarantee that sled will set me down softer and the chassis screams rigid! even if it is the smae weight as the M (which i guarantee its lighter) the suspension setup and steering support design kicks our current M's ***'s.

your Guy's complaints are ridiculous, i mean who can make a weaker chassis then the rev nuns? titanium and carbon fiber people we have all known it was coming and i give cat props for being the first to use it where it should be, bulkheads!

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
It was time for this change, I will not rush out to buy one but I will own one some day. I think they have a new platform that over the next 5 or so years they will be able to build on, everyone wanted change we got it in a big way, now people are pissed . Give the new machines a chance I am sure we won't be disappointed, its a arctic cat.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
The green koolaid drinkers will love everything about it.

In reality it's simply just another good option.

All 3 manufacturers each have their "bragging points".

To say any of the 3 is THE BEST shows your ignorance.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Pointless until peeps have some seat time on them. Seat time in the spring sells lots of bold new models. If AC can't deliver proto's for seat time, everyone is guessing, including AC, on the fall.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
No weights? I just snochecked a pro rmk dbags..really, wait all this time and no waits?

good thing you will enjoy your power house 140 hp poo dont let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.and I dont think untill a production model rolls off the line they can actualy post weights 1 lb more or less some a hole lawyer would cave a class action going in a week. but they could ball park it

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I really don't see why everyone is throwing the new cats under the bus already. THey look ok to me. What if they get the power to the snow a little better, much improved rear suspension, climb better, handle better??? However the 12 etec with a 2.5" track is going to be an animal, watch out.

S

Shortcut

Feb 27, 2010
Obviously? This thread should be renamed the 2012 over reaction, tantrum throwers club. Lol

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I think the head of marketing at Cat deserves a huge BONUS!!! From the other three sled builders that is. He screwed up Cat's debut so bad that 95% of all new sled buyers will be going to the other three. Something so simple, so screwed up.

B
Feb 3, 2005
AMAZING....nobody has sat on one, seen it in person, knows anything about weight and all you can do is bitch bitch, bitch, bitch.....some people have nothing better to do....I can guarantee that AC doesn't want a bunch of fickle, whinny bitches on their machines and Poo, Yami and Doo don't want you bitchy whiners either!!!!!!!!!! These machines could look like space ships, weight 300 lbs. with 300 hp and you would something to complain about........not say'n just say'n, shut up until you know something!!!!!!

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
Everyone wanted change, wanted a 4 stroke... now they have it they realized cat listened to them now they have to whine about something else......
I for one will not be getting a 2012 just because I have put too much money into my M1200 to justify buying a new one I will be getting a 2013 once I get one more season out of my sled

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
honestly i like everything about the sled i think it looks tough and hell of nimble im still stuck on the price, i mean you can snowcheck a 2012 Pro with goodies for 11300 OTD i just got a price quote! And AC suggested retail on a snopro is 12399, thats 11000 more! and i have a feeling there will be dealerships trying to get more out of the sleds im guessing after set up OTD will be more like 12800-13000 WTF:loco:

S

STORMY

Nov 26, 2007
MN
honestly i like everything about the sled i think it looks tough and hell of nimble im still stuck on the price, i mean you can snowcheck a 2012 Pro with goodies for 11300 OTD i just got a price quote! And AC suggested retail on a snopro is 12399, thats 11000 more! and i have a feeling there will be dealerships trying to get more out of the sleds im guessing after set up OTD will be more like 12800-13000 WTF:loco:

i like how you just compared a sale price to a list price:face-icon-small-con

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID

TAKE A 0 OFF OF YOUR 11000 IT WILL LOOK BETTER!:face-icon-small-win AND NO DEALER IS WANTING TO SIT ON THESE SLEDS I WAS TOLD FROM A DEALER YOUR LOOKING AT REAL CLOSE TO LAST YEARS PRICES SO IF YOU PAID 11800 FOR AN M8 OR WHAT EVER THAT IS GOING TO BE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE SAME THIS FALL!:nod:

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta

Where i went to school and took math going from 11300 to 12399 is not 11000 more thats about 1100 more

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
I'm sure Bret Rasmussen had alot of input on the 2012 mountain sleds... He is an AMAZING rider and knows what he wants or needs to make his ride go where it goes and do what it does.... I am looking forward to seeing where and what these sleds can do. You gotta admit, AC is making attempts for HUGE changes which is always challanging, daring, and will get ALOT of good and bad attention. KUDOS for AC for surprising us all this year and having the balls to do it!

On another note.... With emissions... it won't be long before all manufacturers will be going 4 stroke. It's just a matter of time and who is willing to try it out before they all are mandated to.

Premium Features