• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cat

D

dun2rider

Nov 23, 2009
Northern Utah
I waited for months for the unveiling of the new cats and the website crashes?? What a freakin joke!!:face-icon-small-fro They have supposedly been developing this sled for years and the best name they can come up with is PROCLIMB? HAHAHAHA. You gotta be kidding me right? I know this doesn't effect the way the sled preforms but c'mon.... Up to this point no weights have been listed? What the heck? Its an all new "lightweight" chassis and they don't even post any weights? IMO Arctic Cat some serious help in a lot of departments.............I sure hope the sled performs.

K

KingJ

Dec 26, 2008
Great Falls
u would think the fn I T boys would have the web sight ready to go. That's what worries me about a brand new chasie and motor.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Will wait and see but ........not really that impressed with the "new" cats.

Seems the price / value formula is messed up.

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
I'd say chris jumped ship for a very good reason other than money.... Wow...wtf is ac thinking?????

M

MustacheMan

Nov 19, 2008
2012 Arctic Cat's

I'm a dealer at the Nashville 2012 Arctic Cat launch. I can't make a personal recommendation until after I ride them in 10 days.

However, I do think Cat did their homework on the chassis and we'll get 1) more rigidity in the chassis with the pyramid frame gizmo they stuck to their new 2-piece tapered tunnel. And 2) the suspension might be a huge upgrade...the wild looking foot long spindle has to work well to make the added weight worth it!

The 2012 M8 ProMountain (nice name) is supposed to be the same weight as the 2011 but they want it to be lighter when they go to production.

The 2012 M1100 Turbo 162 is supposed to be 80 lbs heavier than a 2011 M1000 which my math puts it at about 575 lbs dry.

So, I'll let you know after I ride them. My money is on the 2012 M8 153.

www.snowcheckdirect.com www.rexburgmotorsports.com

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Weights please

So...I'm not a cat-hater or anything, but believe me - I ain't spring checking nothing without a weight attached. Am I buying a 550 pound yamaha?

I do have to give kudos to 177 HP at 10,000 feet. I would love to try that out.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
the wild looking foot long spindle has to work well to make the added weight worth it!

The 2012 M8 ProMountain (nice name) is supposed to be the same weight as the 2011 but they want it to be lighter when they go to production.

The 2012 M1100 Turbo 162 is supposed to be 80 lbs heavier than a 2011 M1000 which my math puts it at about 575 lbs dry.

3 pts that absolutely do not give me the confidence I would need to spend that much money. First reaction is that I will be picking up a 2011. I know I will love that. I am not going to drop $12k on a sled they will HOPEFULLY have lightened up before they go to production. I was really hoping they had come up with a new chassis that would be saving the weight and seems like they came up short.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I just take a big dump before I ride every morning, usually saves about 10 lbs. If this sled handles better and climbs higher then the M8 (which is already class leading) then Im not going to lose my mind over the fact that they didnt lose a couple of pounds. You dont ride a scale around the mountains and 10 lbs here or there wont make a huge difference. Plus they still have a can that weighs a metric tonne, so there probably 15+ pounds you can cut right there. Im going to wait till some actual reviews come in before passing judgement.

Last edited:

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
if this sled is close to the same weight as the the pro it will be THE best sled out there hands down.
Hmm i wonder if you can throw a 3 inch camo X under that baby and see what she does.

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
Iv been loyal to cat ever since I started riding but I need an upgrade(05 M7). I wanted cat to give me a reason not to go to a pro rmk. Looks like ill be on a shiny new orange one come fall. Sorry ac you disappointed me

If their M8 was close to a pro im sure arctic cat wouldnt have a problem with spitting out that bit of information

Last edited:
B

burgess

Sep 17, 2010
Wright, WY
The only thing thats really disappoints me is the fact they did not make a dedicated mountain sled. Long tracking a high performance trail sled just doesnt cut it. Well that and no M1000. I was just starting to like the 1000 pounder.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
"pro" hill climb with triangle geometry frame. Seems like they are following, another company, not leading. Serious that's the best name they could come up with? Not impressed.

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
all I hope for now is some rides on these ****ers this spring to see if they are "The Game-changer" that all the reps say they are???:face-icon-small-sho:heh:

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
look at that 4 stroke motor, that thing looks just like 2 CRF450 motors with turbos slapped on them. great to see. this is the start of 4 stokes taking over for sure, these motors are going to amaze people i garantee it.

although im still going to be on the 2 stoke 800 i think cat just stepped up the manufacturing materials used for sure!!

carbon fibre, titaniam, wow im stoked way to step it up cat. they used the materials where it should be used not in the bumpers lol! the picture of the guy sitting on the M with the adjustable steering post makes it look very similar to the riding stance of our current M's.

the gauges prop up at you better, the tunnel looks way stronger with mulitiple metals stamped togather and reinforcement are half way down the tunnel!

theres more suspension travel and the option of a complete metal bumper.

im stoked!!!!! and im not saying nothing negative till after i ride it cause i got a feeling i would be eating my words..

the black and orange M 800 sno pro would be my pick :)

-Aksnopro

Premium Features