• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What new AC sled would you buy? M8, M1K, M11T

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Kevin
I will give you fifty bucks and a record player if they bring the 1k around for one more year

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
There is no M1000 next year

At least according to the belt application guide somone posted.

I would be torn between an 800 and 4 stroke turbo.

I would have to ride the 4 stroke before I chose that. I'm really happy with my 2011 M8 so as long as the new chassis handles as good or better then the M, I will vote 800 for now.

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
New models

That belt chart doesn't have every model on it, I found a model called the PRO CROSS, there is no mention of that one. I think they put that out there to get us talking more. Plus an all white with orange trim would be good lookin!!

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
That belt chart doesn't have every model on it, I found a model called the PRO CROSS, there is no mention of that one. I think they put that out there to get us talking more. Plus an all white with orange trim would be good lookin!!

they are all called pro the pro cross is the xfire not a big fan of the xfire with that f adjustable seat thing on it but oh well.the M is called the pro climb and the f I cant remember but is the pro something I do like the F vintage 70s sticker kit on the sno check . I think it is a bit of mocking poo in the naming kinda funny.
if they did have a 1000 dont know if I would get it I have one now I like it But I have ridden a few Z1turbo drag sleds around the Ice and they may not launch like my old 1010with spray but who needs launch in pow once going they rock with a verry small investment in mods.if you toss a few grand at one and you can be knocking at the door of 400hp .
and when I say all white I mean all white kinda night fire in white orange parts center stripe on hood windscreen ski tips rear wheels very few stickers

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I'll get one of each. No sense in talking about a 2012 m1000 when there absolutely won't be one. I would guess you're pretty close on the 1100T pricing, I bet the M8 pricing is only $200-300 more than last year. We'll know in a couple days though.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I go off of jan 1 pricing, it usually comes down with AC rebates.

My local dealer can't seem to ride a m1000 either, but he can ride heII out of the 8. I can't tell the diff in weight just power and I love the power they put it out. The 8 doesn't seem to like My 250+lbs of me,gear,gas and tools near as much as the 1000. I don't see why a guy couldn't take a new one and drop to 430lbs or less with the ability to make 200hp (rated) or turbo it.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I would go for the M8 two stroke. Proven, I have a better idea of what I am getting.

I couldn't go for the four stroke until 2013 after they have been out for a year and guys have beat the piss out of them and see how they do in the mountains.

As for the M1000. I wouldn't think of getting a 2012 if it was an option. The M1000 I have now is just fine.

Now if it was considerably lighter and didn't have a DD I would think about that.

And to talk in circles. I won't be getting a new sled because I don't want a M8. I like my M1000.

Thunder

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
If the m8 is that price I will be on a pro 600 next year. I really wanted a new cat. I want to try the new chassis, love the reliability of them over the years, and I like the new cat dealer in town and really want to support them. But I really only have 10,000 to spend (even that is pushing it for me) and even then I'm not happy with the price of a 600 being that high.

Steph, your tattoo says CAT GIRL. You cant buy a polaris and take a chance on it not being better than your cat. So being the nice guy i am, I will buy a pro 800. When I regret getting rid of my 10' M8, I will trade you. The pro 600 would be so much fun I bet.

At least I know you wont buy a 4 stroke. I think these other guys have lost their minds.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
I wonder if on the 8th, after they are released to the general pubic, some of the guys that have been riding these for the last year will chime in and let us know how they compare...

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
M1000 is dead, died 2 years ago when 800HO came out

Dave I agree in stock form the 800HO was the ticket.

But if you want to start doing some mods you can't beat the M1000.

IE M1000 at 6lbs of boost on mostly pump gas will walk on a M8 at 10lbs running race fuel.

If you crank the M1000 up to 10-14lbs it gets untouchable.

So I think there is a chance that the M1000 sleds could start to hold value a bit more just in the modified market.

(Wishfull thinking when I want to sell mine):face-icon-small-hap

Thunder

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
well maybe, but I have no desire to sink that much money in any sled, I ride them stock, add gas oil and ride M8 cant be beat for that:D

Premium Features