• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Wants a 37 inch A Arm for the Rev?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Soooo, that means the first set is complete than! I can't wait to get them.
actually, yes.........but no. Mock up set is done, but with the second generation shock mounts. I ended up lowering them a tad more, before i sent the templates off to the laser guys. Hope they get things rolling, so i dont miss my powder coat deadline. could happen, but lets hope not. just trying to be realistic. Worst case it would postpone things by another week at most. All the tube is cut and waiting to be welded together. that should be done in the next 4 days. When i did the mock up on these arms, i in all honesty, got the feeling of the 37'' stance really hitting the sweet spot for the guys that ride the trees and sh!t holes. most of the guys that bought the 35.7'' arms for the XP's i think will probably end up moving the ski spacers to the wider position (37.7 to be exact) to be where they really feel comfortable. Thanks guys!

Dan

jd1964

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Whitefish, Mt
Looks like its going to happen. Bob and i talked the other day about modding a set he has, but this is going to work better. Just need to get a window to start. VERY busy. Hopefully we can get a few more in the meantime. What usually happens is i get a few guys durring the build, and will work deppending on where i am. Just a heads up, when i get past the tube cutting process, the guys that diddnt get in will go on the next batch. Normally means another 2-3weeks out is all, just real inconvenient. Its really hard to pull a profit building one set at a time. Bob, if your out there, shout me back. Thanks guys!

Dan

Talked to Dan yesterday about a set for my 06 and I am in for a set.
Jim

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Update on the 37'' a-arms. Looks like a realistic ship date will be the 20th of Dec. Thats a Monday. Most everybody will have them before the following weekend, with the exception of the Sweeden and finland fellers. Sorry guys, i really tried to get them out sooner, but some things are out of my hands. Not to mention 14 hour days, 6 days a week are takin most of my mojo. Oh, and there is this small issue of a certain XP waiting ever so patiently in the corner with a belley pan full of old parts, not to mention the new goodies. Thanks guys!

Dan

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Update on the 37'' a-arms. Looks like a realistic ship date will be the 20th of Dec. Thats a Monday. Most everybody will have them before the following weekend, with the exception of the Sweeden and finland fellers. Sorry guys, i really tried to get them out sooner, but some things are out of my hands. Not to mention 14 hour days, 6 days a week are takin most of my mojo. Oh, and there is this small issue of a certain XP waiting ever so patiently in the corner with a belley pan full of old parts, not to mention the new goodies. Thanks guys!

Dan
Quote"Not to mention 14 hour days, 6 days a week".....Hmm Here in California we have 7 days in each week?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Down 1 man? Just hope someone diddnt get lost in the shuffle. I have everyone accounted for on the Ti arms, but have 11 on the list for the Moly. Joel (Canada), Craig K, Chris P, Shane H, Kas Kas, Sheldon H, Zack B, Bob Y for 2, Jim D, Jerrid B. I have actually added one not originally exspected since the forum list, now realized i still have a set left. Wow, messy! Please let me know if your name is not here. Might be Deeppow, i dont have a yellow on "my" list. Thanks!

Dan

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Down 1 man? Just hope someone diddnt get lost in the shuffle. I have everyone accounted for on the Ti arms, but have 11 on the list for the Moly. Joel (Canada), Craig K, Chris P, Shane H, Kas Kas, Sheldon H, Zack B, Bob Y for 2, Jim D, Jerrid B. I have actually added one not originally exspected since the forum list, now realized i still have a set left. Wow, messy! Please let me know if your name is not here. Might be Deeppow, i dont have a yellow on "my" list. Thanks!

Dan

The arms arrived, Finish is what I expected. They bolted up perfectly without any issues.All thats left is to shorten the tie rods.Looks like 3/4 inch is all it will take. siting flat with full sled weight the arms are angled as expected and center /center is 36.5. something I didnt expect is while standing right foot on right rail simply extending your left leg out just a little and sled tips up effortlessly without any jerk at all. Before this would require a pretty good jerk.The sled stance looks so much better and what a difference a few inches make.There a joke there however I will save it for another post.Beautiful job Dan!.Will get some completed Pics tomorrow. Guys these are a must have mod.expect a whole different experience on the hill.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Alt, Good Job on all your orders and setting it all up for yourself, I have a question if you don`t mind, What is the stock ski stance or spindle to spindle measurement, of an 04 Summit X 800 HO 144 track, ( or now converted to a 159) like mine, the 37inch stance of the arms you have are after installation a center spindle to center spindle of 37inchs right?

One more, what is the weight difference in your arms over the stock arms on the summit sled over the stock ones as a complete set?

Thanks, Wildcard

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
:boink::boink: All the info is right here in the thread you posted in, you just have to read all the posts...
Just an update guys.

Alternative impact cro-moly 39.5'' a-arms
Top-.90lbs each
Bottom-2.10lbs each
Total per set 6.00lbs

New 37''
Top-.80lbs
Bottom-1.90lbs
Total per set 5.40lbs

Sure you can do the math, but is a .60 lb bonus over the 39.5''. Thanks!

Dan

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Sorry was just after a quick answer thought it would be quicker than reading 50+_ post that most don`t apply to me.

I guess biggest question I had is how much lighter are the moly arms than the stock ones???? I`ll measure my own stance.

Wildcard

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Sorry was just after a quick answer thought it would be quicker than reading 50+_ post that most don`t apply to me.

I guess biggest question I had is how much lighter are the moly arms than the stock ones???? I`ll measure my own stance.

Wildcard

I tossed on a scale and they are light.If I recall the whole set was at 5.3/8 lbs.the set is installed and finale ski stance as sled sits is 36.5 in center /center. Dan did a beautiful job

jd1964

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Whitefish, Mt
I tossed on a scale and they are light.If I recall the whole set was at 5.3/8 lbs.the set is installed and finale ski stance as sled sits is 36.5 in center /center. Dan did a beautiful job

I recieved mine the other day very nice work haven't got them on yet hope this week to get them on. Dan they are great.
Jim
Got mine on yesterday,they fit like a glove. Can't wait to get out and ride it now. Dan did a great job.
Jim

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hello Alt, Good Job on all your orders and setting it all up for yourself, I have a question if you don`t mind, What is the stock ski stance or spindle to spindle measurement, of an 04 Summit X 800 HO 144 track, ( or now converted to a 159) like mine, the 37inch stance of the arms you have are after installation a center spindle to center spindle of 37inchs right?

One more, what is the weight difference in your arms over the stock arms on the summit sled over the stock ones as a complete set?

Thanks, Wildcard

I just installed mine and center /center was 36.5.That is with ski centered .You can offset skis and get to 35.5 or 37.5 however there are handling advantages keeping skis centered.Your 04 will measure the same is my 07. Expect huge results with these arms and sled will tip with ease.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Jim! Now do me a favor and stop over in your spare time and help me put my 09 back together so i can ride. Bob wont offer, and still waiting for him to pick me up to go on that first ride. Enjoy the season and be safe!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Dan

You still haven't rode?.We are having a stellar year 277% of normal and its not even Jan.Biggest early year in Cali I ever recall.20 to 22 feet up high on the ground.Avy is an issue at this time.Another Blue bird deep day ,Gota go.

Last edited:

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
You still haven't rode?.We are having a stellar year 277% of normal and its not even Jan.Biggest early year in Cali I ever recall.20 to 22 feet up high on the ground.Avy is an issue at this time.Another Blue bird deep day ,Gota go.
Still waiting for you to pick me up! Ive been waiting by the door, bags packed with big alligator tears rollin down my cheeks. Guess i'll just build some more parts......................

Premium Features