• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 oil reservoir change

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
Say, I am in the process of trying to change out my oil reservoir on my 07 M1K due to melt issue (that I did). What are some of the things I will need to look out for during this process?

Will I need to remove the throttle body off the engine prior to pulling the reservoir or can I just pry the reservoir out between the throttle body and frame (there is not much room for removal)?

If I need to remove the throttle body, what is the best method and what has to be done?

What is the best way to ensure that no air got in the line, is there a bleeder valve at the oil pump?

Any help would be well appreciated

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
hardest thing will be to get all the bolts out. i know on mine they just spun in the plastic, had to take a drill and drill around some of the bolts to get them out. didn't need to remove throttle bodies. you will get some air in the line, i held the oil injection pump wide open for the first few minutes after start up and added a little mix to the gas for extra protection. getting the clip on and off the line at the bottom of the bottle is a pain.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yea the bolts spinning is a pain...mine came out in three pieces...i cut it..lol...went to oil delete...lots of room now...

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
M8magican, when you did your injection delete did you do the block mod??? have been wanting to do the injection delete ever since i melted my bottle the first season but have heard you need to drill a hole to lube the oil injection pump??? would love to have the extra room...

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
89sandman I did the oil injection block mod. Well I should say my friend did it for me. It was real easy you can actually turn the motor over and get it where you can see the hole and use a qtip or simialr to make sure there is not debris in the crank valley. I was tuning on another part of the sled and he had it drilled and tapped in a couple of minutes. I talked to several engine builders and there appeared to be confusion on how nessecary it is so i did not want to chance it. I have not pulled the belly pan to see if the line is full of gas/oil mix but I rode it today 20 miles first time.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
another note is the screws spinning is a real pain. I just did this one brand new no miles but I think it is the first one we have got out with out destroying. If we have to do any repair needing tank removal-new tank is on the repair order just in case.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
So far I can not remove the reservoir without the taking the throttle body off. I cracked the original, and started to the new one, so I'll move forward with taking the body off.

Premium Features