• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heads up for husky owners

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
You need to de-gas the fluid first. Use a syringe and fill it with the dot5, then pull vacuum on the fluid, the bubbles will come out of solution and rise to the top, then add the fluid to the master with the syringe. It makes it work pretty well.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Mine failed also. What about the ktm450sx slave cylinder. It’s $78 . Anyone know if this will be a fix? Different part # and $100 less then the one on my fe450.

that is a fix. I am thinking about getting a whole new brembo clutch set-up for mine. i'm wondering about a fluid compatibility issue if just swapping the slave??

S
Feb 20, 2017
that is a fix. I am thinking about getting a whole new brembo clutch set-up for mine. i'm wondering about a fluid compatibility issue if just swapping the slave??

The ktm sx uses the same dot 4 or 5.1. Looking at the seal that failed, I think it was damaged on assembly. I ordered a new seal, $2. I’ll find out if I can install without pinching it. May need a tool like a ring compressor.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
No help from Husky/KTM on this? For the premium they overcharge their customers you’d think they’d at least stand behind their product.

Premium Features