• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Wants a 37 inch A Arm for the Rev?

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
These available with different locations for shock mounts? I've got an after market set of zbros I needed to buy for my wider holtz arms when my stockers got bent. I'd hate to go back to stock blown out shocks, when I have a nice set of zbroz.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
These available with different locations for shock mounts? I've got an after market set of zbros I needed to buy for my wider holtz arms when my stockers got bent. I'd hate to go back to stock blown out shocks, when I have a nice set of zbroz.

Have 6 days on these new arms now and were in Really deep snow ,Over 20 feet and this sled will dance edge to edge on a side hill. Huge improvement.Best Mod to and Rev for the extreme riders.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Don't quite follow you, my question was if I can get these to work w/my zbroz shocks which I believe are an inch longer then stock.

I think byeatts just hit the quote button instead of the reply button. He's just making a general statement about the arms.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello has anyone weight there stock X model arms and a set of Dan`s arms???

what is the total weight difference, I am very interested in getting a set I would just like to know what the weight advantage is over stock arms, I know the stance difference is huge lookin forward to that , which is half of my decision to purchase a set but need to know how many pounds lighter they are than stock arms, this would be good info for everyone to know

I don`t want to take my stock ones off to weight them , whey I take mine off there will be new ones going back on

congrats on the arms the pics and colors look awesome on the website.

Thanks Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I am saving up for a set of the chromoly 37inch arms I WILL be getting a set for my sled hope it really helps and improves the effort of getting the sled tipped or carved onto a sidehill the hardest manuever I am having difficulty is initiating a down hill to an uphill carv or turn around when I get stuck goin downhill in a difficult offcamber slope just cant seem to get the sled tipped up and powered into a uphill turn. I know experience and seat time helps in this case, of course the snow was snowcone type and set up I`m sure pow would be different.

Will be also shaving as much weight as possible off the front of whole sled

What would you recommend for us to be the best ski we would all benefit from for an easy sidehilling ski to run with this arms of ski stance set up??
I`m not impressed with the 6.9 pilot ski on the sled now they have been swapped from side to side and have a carls like cut out in them and still has to be better skis out there to help.

any chance of a lighter or improved Rev spindle also??:face-icon-small-hap

by chance any off season special price deals going to be offer on a set too??

Thank You, Wildcard

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hello I am saving up for a set of the chromoly 37inch arms I WILL be getting a set for my sled hope it really helps and improves the effort of getting the sled tipped or carved onto a sidehill the hardest manuever I am having difficulty is initiating a down hill to an uphill carv or turn around when I get stuck goin downhill in a difficult offcamber slope just cant seem to get the sled tipped up and powered into a uphill turn. I know experience and seat time helps in this case, of course the snow was snowcone type and set up I`m sure pow would be different.

Will be also shaving as much weight as possible off the front of whole sled

What would you recommend for us to be the best ski we would all benefit from for an easy sidehilling ski to run with this arms of ski stance set up??
I`m not impressed with the 6.9 pilot ski on the sled now they have been swapped from side to side and have a carls like cut out in them and still has to be better skis out there to help.

any chance of a lighter or improved Rev spindle also??:face-icon-small-hap

by chance any off season special price deals going to be offer on a set too??

Thank You, Wildcard
Mods ski was developed for powder around the Rev and they are effortless to bottom turn with Dans narrow arms.The combination works very well.The stock spindles are the best geometry and can be lightened by rounding off all the square edges and polish,Look great also. The new arms will be 1/2 the weight of stock.This will change the way your sled carves

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Alright, here are the pics I got from Byeatts.

A-Arms2.jpg

A-Arms1.jpg

A-Arms3.jpg

B

bikerjustin

Apr 14, 2008
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Just an update guys.

Alternative impact cro-moly 39.5'' a-arms
Top-.90lbs each
Bottom-2.10lbs each
Total per set 6.00lbs

New 37''
Top-.80lbs
Bottom-1.90lbs
Total per set 5.40lbs

Sure you can do the math, but is a .60 lb bonus over the 39.5''. Thanks!

Dan

Has anyone weighed the stock parts to find out what the weight savings for these is?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dan has the weights. It just about 1/2 of stock X model arms

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Still trying to get me a set of the Alt Impact arms work has unfortunetly been slow, the narrow stance will help I`m sure . I measured my sled finaly today and it has a stance from center to center of the lower ball joint of 38 1/4 inchs seems narrower than most other measurements I have heard of on the Rev Summit before. thought they were 39 1/2 and wider, I definetly want a set for the weight loss and combined with the mod ski.

Wildcard

Premium Features