• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb sleds - What do y'all think?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Good thats exactley what we need, some actual input from riders. Oh and lets not forget we also need a "whats the loudest can for the proclimb" thread lol.

And dont forget all the "ProClimb 1100T cant ride in the trees, boondock, carve, or anything else"

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
I just watched this proclimb video and have a couple of thoughts.

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/technology/proclimb/

Is it just me or do the riders seem to be hucking themselves off the sides of these machines to make them hold a sidehill. To me it looks like it takes a lot of body english to make them turn. I hope I am wrong here but to me it doesn't look like they carve super easy.

I'm not sure which video you were watching but the appear to handle like most other sleds these days.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
"What do y'all think?"

If I was made of $$ I would own one in addition to the XP! I was raised on Cat, worked at a Cat dealer....still a little green in my blood.
IMO a HUGE step in the right direction based on what I see (have not ridden yet).
For the guys leary of the more "XP" or "Pro" like layout.....give it time!! Get used to it!! I had a M-Cat and loved it, but once I got the hang of the XP, the M- felt primitive and ill handling by comparison. It's just "different", not worse for boondocking/sidehilling etc....IMO it's better once you adjust your riding.
I'm particularly interested in the new clutching/chaincase...that's what I disliked most about the M's, the goofy DD and secondary. I'm thinking the new setup will be more efficient at putting the power to the track!

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
"What do y'all think?"

If I was made of $$ I would own one in addition to the XP! I was raised on Cat, worked at a Cat dealer....still a little green in my blood.
IMO a HUGE step in the right direction based on what I see (have not ridden yet).
For the guys leary of the more "XP" or "Pro" like layout.....give it time!! Get used to it!! I had a M-Cat and loved it, but once I got the hang of the XP, the M- felt primitive and ill handling by comparison. It's just "different", not worse for boondocking/sidehilling etc....IMO it's better once you adjust your riding.
I'm particularly interested in the new clutching/chaincase...that's what I disliked most about the M's, the goofy DD and secondary. I'm thinking the new setup will be more efficient at putting the power to the track!

clutching wise i would like to see how well it holds up. The upper jackshaft is floating. That means all movement is controlled at the 4 bolts around the crankcase and the rubber isolator. How is that rubber isolator gunna holdup longevity wise and when you smack it with some real power. I know on the doos the engines pull to the MAG side of the sled, what happens if the new cat starts doing this as well??? goodbye rubber isolator and more so the bearings in the chaincase, not to forget that whole upper shaft will be out of alignment. Personnally good idea, but they should have just had a "fixed" upper shaft.

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
"handles great in the trees" ??? do you mean it handles great in the trees compared to an M8? or do you mean it handles great in the trees for a 600 lb sled?

Premium Features