• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK'S "THE FIX KIT" FOR Polaris 800 PRO's

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
We think the Pro is the best sled ever built. We really did not want to cause any hard feelings or try to get anybody upset. The fix kit is the original name for the fix for the 08 to 10 dragons. MTNTK has sold some kits for the pros and people have been asking because it has been such a god send for the D8. The fix kit name was just so people could recognize that the pro kit was a similar kit. if you're not having any issues with your pro great. We hope you don't. We know a lot of people who have many miles on their D8's, and have not burnt down. We know a whole lot more that have. If you have any issues or want to explore our reasons for selling this for the pro please feel free to contact mountain tek for more information. mtntkdyno@gmail.com

im intrested in the reasoning behind the pro Kit,, Although I installaed one on my pro any way, I had different reasons than clearance issues!

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
wholy crap that's a thick shim pmspolaris. You need to do alot more explaining here to sell people on your kits. And why does the pro need it? And 440 dart, you flap your gums every year about how you have warned everyone about the dragon mts and noone listens. Maybe it's because you are only 24 and should be spending more time in school or reading books than saying the same thing over and over on snow west.

No offense to the OP but Palouse your basicly calling me dumb iam not the one asking the OP if this works when i clearly stated that another memeber on here that use to build full blown race engines actually took the time and disect this engine what the real problem is. Main problem is guys like you get suckerd into some bs thats the fix, or its under warrantie its fine or powercommander that was the fix a couple years ago whats next? Go ahead keep being happy with the crap polaris puts out I clearly have to deal with it as i like the chassis am stuck with the boat anchor up front until something changes

So now i gotta be 40yrs old to know something? I plan to own a pro when i "grow up" is it so bad i want something with power and reliability? Really so much to ask for?

H
Dec 12, 2009
I wouldn't ever assume that someone is stupid because they are young, stupid because they mis-spelled 15 words before the end of their first sentence is a different story.

Utah's largest snowmobile dealer has had so few issues with the pro's that I feel comfortable making the jump back to Polaris, what someone on web forum thinks doesn't factor into my decisions.

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
No, warranty doesn't pay for motel rooms or your buddy towing you out, but I would think it would pay for a lot less when its voided from putting one of these kits in.

155Assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Meridian, Idaho
PMS Polaris

I have met and dealt with the guys at PMS. I have alot of respect for them and their abilities. I put their kit in my D8.

However, It isn't just the warranty. You know that Polaris will void my 3 year warranty on my 11 if I install your kit, or do you have this approved for warranty by Polaris? If not, are you going to cover my engine for the next 4000 miles?

Probably not.

After the problems in the 8's and 9's, You guy are listing this a a Pro fix it kit. So far their isn't anything broke.

You could add a bit of common sense and sell it as an upgrade, an improvement whatever.

I believe you went to far over the line proclaiming a problem and asking people to void their warranties by simple scare tactics.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
not to change the subject but mr smart dart I don't here you saying anything about that wonderful e-teck that eats it's rings at 1200 miles or maybe thats a rumor

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Just to add some intel:

I read up on the fix kit and as stated, it uses different pistons to get away from short skirts (rocking to much) and to much clearance even on new pistons (still completely dumbfounded how poo gets away with that one).

The shim is because the piston is taller, so you have to brung the cylinders up just as much as the piston crown.

As for the fix on a pro I thought the -11 engines were much different from the 08-10s until this summer. But most all of the engine is the same eccept cfi system and better clearance on the pistons (unless my source is mistaken).

This makes me wonder about the long term future of my engine for sure, but I agree on giving it a chance.

If it fails more than once I'll have to find something fun for the topend...

Cheers

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
So the question is, does the CFI-2's have the sloppy pistons that the CFI-4's have? If not, PMS is just creating a non-problem to create sales.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
So the question is, does the CFI-2's have the sloppy pistons that the CFI-4's have? If not, PMS is just creating a non-problem to create sales.

PMS POLARIS said:
The fix kit is the original name for the fix for the 08 to 10 dragons. MTNTK has sold some kits for the pros and people have been asking because it has been such a god send for the D8. The fix kit name was just so people could recognize that the pro kit was a similar kit. if you're not having any issues with your pro great. We hope you don't. .

Doesn't look like they are trying to create a problem that doesn't exist, rather just letting people know that there is an option for the Pro.
IF you have a problem.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
The Fix Kit uses different pistons to change the side loading on the skirts.
Doesn't change the compression or timing on the ports.
They haven't had any motors go down after doing the fix.
It is a proven FIX for the CFI 4 800 Polaris Motors.

No more beer can pistons rattling up and down sprinkler pipe cylinders.
Don't jump up and down crying foul til you've researched it. It works.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

right, agreed, for the cfi-4 that has been proven to have these issues. the pro, to this point, has not. that is what people are questioning, is this really necessary? my guess is if there is an inherent issue with the pro motor they will start to become apparent this winter. (personally, i'm not worried about it...)

and dart, it has nothing to do with you being young or old, it has everything to do with you jumping up and down and screaming as loud as possible in EVERY thread that is remotely (and sometime not at all) related to the polaris motor. yes we ALL get it at this point that you believe there are some major issues with polaris motors. thanks for your input and opinion, you have made your point enough times. it doesn't need to be made continuously. it just starts to sound like b!tching and really makes you sound rather young.

pv

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
Just to add some intel:

I read up on the fix kit and as stated, it uses different pistons to get away from short skirts (rocking to much) and to much clearance even on new pistons (still completely dumbfounded how poo gets away with that one).

The shim is because the piston is taller, so you have to brung the cylinders up just as much as the piston crown.

As for the fix on a pro I thought the -11 engines were much different from the 08-10s until this summer. But most all of the engine is the same eccept cfi system and better clearance on the pistons (unless my source is mistaken).

This makes me wonder about the long term future of my engine for sure, but I agree on giving it a chance.

If it fails more than once I'll have to find something fun for the topend...

Cheers

with better clearance,do you mean more or less piston to cyl clearance than the dragon8.my pistons are real sloppy,2600km on 2011 pro.thinking fix kit or new wisecos.seen too many broken crankcases,cylinder skirts due to broken piston skirts.remember ac 8 and 9 twin motors.

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
So, what is the piston clearance on the Pro relative to the D8's? Why did Polaris have such huge clearances on the D8 in the first place?

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
and dart, it has nothing to do with you being young or old, it has everything to do with you jumping up and down and screaming as loud as possible in EVERY thread that is remotely (and sometime not at all) related to the polaris motor. yes we ALL get it at this point that you believe there are some major issues with polaris motors. thanks for your input and opinion, you have made your point enough times. it doesn't need to be made continuously. it just starts to sound like b!tching and really makes you sound rather young.

I know right i should shut my mouth because we are all rich, we can go out and buy 4 or 5 sets of jugs and pistons each year because we are ok with polaris engine.

Iam not happy with it and iam going to voice my opinion every chance i get you dont like it dont read it not my fault the truth hurts

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
440, in your signature it shows you own a D7. Those have been rock solid from what I understand. I would think you should be a happy camper you didn't buy the D8. BTW I had one and went through 3 motors so I can relate to what you are so passionate about, but I also have a PRO and it hasn't missed a beat. Oh ya and my 2005 900 didn't either. Go figure :face-icon-small-con

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
440, in your signature it shows you own a D7. Those have been rock solid from what I understand. I would think you should be a happy camper you didn't buy the D8. BTW I had one and went through 3 motors so I can relate to what you are so passionate about, but I also have a PRO and it hasn't missed a beat. Oh ya and my 2005 900 didn't either. Go figure :face-icon-small-con

I havnt owned a d8 i was luckey i couldnt get one at the time or i would have one ive been those shoes before in another situation. Iam not bashing the pro its un-proven i plan on owning a pro as the reveiws are endless on how awsome it is.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Wow what a thread! This thing is so far off topic! But fun to read thats for damn sure!

But I will chime in on the statement about 440dart being dumb cause he is 24, is one of the most ignorant thing I've ever heard! Age don't mean **** most knowledgeable people I know are under 30! And that lil bastard 440 knows far more about engines then most will ever know trust me!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Wow what a thread! This thing is so far off topic! But fun to read thats for damn sure!

But I will chime in on the statement about 440dart being dumb cause he is 24, is one of the most ignorant thing I've ever heard! Age don't mean **** most knowledgeable people I know are under 30! And that lil bastard 440 knows far more about engines then most will ever know trust me!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Says another "milk on his breath" kid! LOL

Premium Features