• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very thankful for my xp

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
I must say. I am very thankful for my xp!
I would not trade it for anything...
Today I went for a ride and since I don't have my sled anymore as I am waiting for my 2011 -- yippee!!
One of my buddies let me ride his 2003 Polaris 800 - 159.
I did have fun but I really missed my sled. There is nothing like the XP.
I also got to ride his 2008 dragon which was much improved but I still love my XP. I can only imagine how great the ETEC is going to be.
That 2003 felt like a tank. It made me soo tired and weak it was crazy.
It really is amazing how technology changes.
Thanks Ski Doo you rock!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
yes i am with you, our xps are lightyears ahead of other brands, i love the most how they work in all sorts of conditions, and power is great as well

i as well snowchecked a etec and hoping i will also be thrilled, i have now over 4k miles on xp and overall very happy with it

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
its not hard. its called skill. its differant than the other brands but not any harder

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
Wow... Just like every other XP basher, talk about how they can't sidehill... If you know how to ride, you can sidehill an XP :)

S
Jan 11, 2008
Northern Alberta
Ya xps will side hill fine with practice and effort. it's just harder to side hill than other brands one of the things I noticed when I first rode one. no matter how many people write in here about how they are easy to side hill I know from my experience that they are harder to side hill and hold a line than everything out there except a RX ton

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Maybe we need another "how to sidehill" thread.:face-icon-small-dis

Or better yet a "how to" subforum where all the super-skilled riders can come on and describe in 100 words or less how to:

-jump your xp
-sidehill your xp
-turn your xp
-wheelie your xp
-etc.
-etc........

I find all of these threads extremely useful.:face-icon-small-ton

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Not so thankful to be riding with an XP today. First the recoil takes a chit, no problem, use the emergency rope to start it. The kicker was when the primary grenaded and trashed a brand new belt in the process. All this before 11:00 today. This is also roughly 200 miles after getting a new top end. Tudizzle hasn't had much good luck lately with his XP. Still better than being at home doing nothing.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
You haven't lived until you go to start your sled and the handle comes off the rope and you hear the rope go whizzing into the recoil.

Always seems to happen at the best possible times too........ like when a big storm is blowing in.

Then you spend some quality time with the emergency rope and eventually realize you are turning the engine backwards like a dummy!

I made sure it will never happen again tho; put a zip tie just past the handle and wrapped it with enuff tape that if it ever comes off it doesn't fit thru the hole on the recoil.

You would think with all the technology that went into these sleds they coulda thought of a better system.... but other than that I love these sleds! :)

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
since we're on the subject of recoils...they are throw aways...replace with the R1000 recoil...same price (about $150)....but has a alot longer life ona 800...BJ

Premium Features