• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shot

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
Question for the guys with the new G4's, is the extra $1000 worth it for the shot? Does it really work ALL the time or is it more hit and miss? Just trying to sort out all the bs on the internet. I think it is a neat feature i it in fact works and all the manufactures should all have it.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
I love my shot!

Most of the time it starts immediately, other times it takes 2 seconds or so, maybe 3 seconds sometimes.

I think it was $600 USD when I snow checked my 2018, totally worth it.

Most days pull starting the sled isn't a big deal, but there is always that 60 mile day where you/your buddies re getting stuck way too much and you're just beat up and worn out, so nice to just press the button and not have to pull it...

H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
2019 300 miles, works 100% after 10...15 min run time.

Holding the button till start...hold hold hold.

if you let up when you hear the motor move to firing position (TDC?) then you won't get a second chance, you lost your charge moving the motor and it won't fire.

I like to pull start it 1-3 times per ride, but love the shot as a luxury and as a wear and tear reducer on the pull starter.

Recommend.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I've been a die hard pull start kind of guy, my dirt bike has a button and I still kick it most of the time...but I am really happy that I got Shot on my sled this year. My dealer was out of black so I had to pay $600 for Shot plus $200 for the color but it was still the right choice.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
works 100% after 10...15 min run time.

If I run mine for a minute or so in the morning and shut it off it will restart with the SHOT.

if you let up when you hear the motor move to firing position (TDC?) then you won't get a second chance, you lost your charge moving the motor and it won't fire.

Something seems broken with yours. I can start and stop mine numerous times. Somebody tested it, and after riding the sled for a while they were able to start the sled 30+ times with the SHOT.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Pay the price, it is totally worth it. I was skeptical at first but the thing works every time except for that first pull. I would suspect it would bring a little more on resale also.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Question for the guys with the new G4's, is the extra $1000 worth it for the shot? Does it really work ALL the time or is it more hit and miss? Just trying to sort out all the bs on the internet. I think it is a neat feature i it in fact works and all the manufactures should all have it.

the main reason I bought a doo . I really hope cat has somthing they want to trade for .
I have never not had it work . some times it can take a extra few seconds if it has to move the crank or what ever it is doing but always starts

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
2019 300 miles, works 100% after 10...15 min run time.

Holding the button till start...hold hold hold.

I like to pull start it 1-3 times per ride, but love the shot as a luxury and as a wear and tear reducer on the pull starter.

Recommend.
somthing is wrong with yours then
I can litteraly 're start my sled once warmed up like 3 times with a,start and imidetly kill then 're start no prob . we got 7 starts in the garage 1 night after ridding and it had sat for prob 20 min as we ungeared for the day .
not that you would ever have to do that just seeing what it is capable of

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
ya in canada we end paying more for everything!

With the update for the shot i guess its fixed now? I sure sounds like a sweet feature. I was a pull start kinda guy just because the etc is so easy to start but after a long day and helping your buddies out you start to feel it at the end of the day. Did any of you have any issues when the sled gets rolled over to get out of a stuck and it tries to start up only if you left your tether on of course...

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN

With the update for the shot i guess its fixed now? I sure sounds like a sweet feature. I was a pull start kinda guy just because the etc is so easy to start but after a long day and helping your buddies out you start to feel it at the end of the day. Did any of you have any issues when the sled gets rolled over to get out of a stuck and it tries to start up only if you left your tether on of course...

no never . and you have to push sort of hard and for a few seconds not just a quick push like in a car

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I think it was an extra $750 in Canada if I’m not mistaken.

I have always been a pull start guy, couldn’t handle the thought of dragging an extra 25# around with an e-start sled. It’s a fair bit of money, but so worth it. Zero regrets. Just another thing that allows us to ride a little harder and a little longer. These new sleds really spoil us...!!

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Love the SHOT. Has always worked for me. Charged up by the time I back my sled out of the trailer. Never have to pull again for the rest of the day. Will not buy another sled without it.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

I know they did a software reflash in early 2018.

They had capacitor fails on some 2019 models and shipped 2019's with the promise to install SHOT at a later date.

I think the reflash was on most SHOT sleds. Not sure about the SHOT shortage on 2019's except for ready here.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

Buy SHOT this one reason.

Sled is off … your up to your armpits in snow AND CANT REACH THE PULL START.

Press the button and it starts … off you go.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
Buddy ordered his with a shot and won't get another. Not worth the $750 in his opinion. They start so easy now, like a quarter pull of the rope that seems like a waste to need an electric start.

Premium Features