• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 Rmk 900 help

J
Jan 22, 2018
Okay so I have an 05 RMK 900 that I purchased last year we had a big bore kit in it from Carl's cycle ran it for probably half the season and burnt up the piston on one side replace the Piston both the Pistons and both jugs with stock piston and jug because I could not acquire an 88 mm piston now I burnt up the piston on the exact same side PTO side with the stock jugs rebuilding it again but I want to know what could have been the cause of burning up the piston on the same side don't want to put it all back together and have it happen again

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Bad injector. If you’re never had them rebuild or flow tested it’s impossible to knw the flow rate. They may have forgot the oring spacer that goes on the injectors when they installed the 975 BB kit. Without the extra oring that injector will contact the piston and damage it. Did you notice that by chance?

Wouldn’t hurt to replace them. I have a few sets Of injectors can sell if needed. Pm me an offer and what color your ecu flash is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
Jan 22, 2018
another thought when they installed the big bore kit do they reflash the computer to change the lien on that or it's it's still set the same should I be changing the computer to the stock one or having it reflashed

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Absolutely needs the flash for that motor. And I assumed that was known already. Same with going back to stock. The 975 will have a sticker on the ecu staying it’s flashed

J
Jan 22, 2018
thank you very much for your input and that is kind of what I was leaning towards I have a whole nother set stock up another sled with low miles that I was going to put on it

J
Jan 22, 2018
I will do so but I'm still leaning towards the injector due to the fact that it was only burnt one side and it was the same side both times even with the big bore kit in it any thoughts

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Yes but it sucks. Remove rear motor mount bolts, remove 1 bolt each side of front motor mount crossmember and loosen the other cross member bolt and coolant lines, some electrical and fuel tank and rotate motor fwd. of crs remove exhaust, intake, throttle bodies

J
Jan 22, 2018
Was almost there and realized I have to pull the clutch to get to that bottom motor support and I don't have the special puller guess I'm done for today untill I get a Damm puller

Premium Features