• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 PowerSports unveils new MAXTRAK 2.5

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 PowerSports is proud to release our new Snow MX track, "MAXTRACK 2.5"

We have enjoyed riding our Timbersleds for the past few years, and thank the guys at TS for bringing us a great new sport! We all feel like kids again and are having a blast ripping up the hills, and playing in the trees like never before.

C3 PowerSports is working on helping grow the Snow MX sport to the next level with the introduction of a track designed for MX bikes.

We saw the need to build a lightweight track and help reduce the rotating mass of the track by 30% while increasing the depth of lug on the "MAXTRAK 2.5" to 2.5" in the centre paddle.

We also wanted to eliminate the square edge feeling of the track while riding up the harder packed trails. To accomplish a more natural tire like feeling, the 20" radius profile of the lugs, along with the flat fibreglass rods that are 10" wide allow the edges of the track to flex much more like a Ski-doo flex edge track.

Riders who have been riding this track for the past 40 days have had very positive comments, and can feel a noticeable difference.

Below is the link to the pictures and more info.

https://www.c3powersports.com/products/snow-mx-track

The track are in stock and ready to ship.

C3 PowerSports looks towards releasing many new products to all Snow MX enthusiasts here this year!

BRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP! BRAAAAAAPPPPP!

sullcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2009
Just installed 2 last night, considerably diff in weight compared to original TS 121. Track will not fit 2015's, as lug height is too tall to clear backbone.
Very unique lug pattern, should be interesting.

M
Jan 14, 2004
That looks good, does anybody know off the top of their heads what the standard TS 137 weighs, 30 percent added to the posted 32.3 lbs for the max track yields 42 lbs for the TS on paper. I'd be happy to drop 10 lbs off the back end.

M5

Last edited:

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Sullcat, thanks for the business, and send us some feedback after you ride! We excited to hear.

M5, The standard 120" Challenger 2" track, 12.5" wide, weighs in at 34.5lbs. If we just take the math at 34.5/120 = .2875 lbs per inch x 137 =39.38lbs.

That math will get you close to the weight. Camoplast tracks vary by a pound or so per track.

Thanks for your post
C3 PowerSports.

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
You should offer a 10.5" wide version for the new Sxs, they can clear the 2.5" paddle. I would love to have a 2.5" track on my SX LT! Might be worth trying to cut one down....

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
On there website they say they will cut one down for $50.00. That's the route I wanna go with my SX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
It's great to see these guys pushing things forward!

Just pulled a new 120x12.5"x2" track off the rack, with 2 zip ties holding it in a tight bundle and put it on our shipping scale-
32 pounds, 14 ounces.

I'd suggest not getting out your wallets just yet. That's all I can say on this topic, for now.

Still, really cool to see the Edmonton guys making it happen!
BB

sullcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2009
You gotta do better then that blaser. If you have something new and improved let's see it. This sport is an addiction, it's exciting to see what's around the next corner. Come on now let's have it.

Y
Feb 19, 2014
I have a 2011 TS 120" which has the 1.75" lug that weighs in at 32.5lbs. I put most of my ride time in on the mountains with sledders. Rode all last season with the 1.75" because I couldn't justify the cost for a .25" gain. I played and found out what I could do and how far I could follow.
This season I was lucky and got an early shipped C3 maxtrack 2.5" and installed it asap! Rode Valemount in December with the same sled guys from the season before in the same places and what a difference:)
Life as I knew it, over. Life on a C3's 2.5"... still finding out the limits. The trails are easier to carve up with the radius cut lugs, as I don't have the pivoting rear end. The ability to carve my own trail UP the hills, is ego feeding, use caution. No more mandatory track poaching. The track actually moves my riding style up a gear in most situations, because of the weight reduction is my guess.
Watch for slider wear in low snow conditions, as per usual.
All good things to say about this track setup. Size may not be everything...but big smiles from a guy who grew .75"!!!!

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Here is the scale at C3, and that baby is sensitive...lol

This is the 120" Maxtrax 2.5 on the scale at 28.0lbs with the nylon strap and clamp.
The good news is it is still 5 lbs lighter and 1/2" taller compared to the provided pic above.
We will re weigh our 120" 12.5" wide Challengers here and see how they compare also.

Either way nothing robs HP more than rotating mass, and nothing makes a guy happier than having a longer lug than his buddie.

C3 PowerSports

MAXTRAX 120.jpg

L

lacesout

Oct 5, 2014
they dont fit the 2015 ts kits. We need 2" paddle track that is 30% lighter than stock.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Doing the math on those posted weights, the math says 15 or 17% lighter depending on which way you look at it. Still a good weight reduction given the bigger lug which is the thing that interests me the most. Still though 30% is a bit of an exaggeration.

M5

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I always thought the TS track was 35 lbs or just under. My memory is getting old ha ha.

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I'm sure TS is up to something that they just haven't posted about yet... I want to go to a 146" track next year... 2.5" please

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
M5, thanks for calling us out on that!

I was comparing the weight of the Challenger tracks we have which are the 2" with no punched holes in the centre at the 34.5lbs.

The track we have here is last years 120" with the holes punched on our scale was 33.5lbs at 120" ( see pic )

Our 120" Challenger 1.75" track came in at 31.9lbs ( see pic)

The TS guys are right, their current track the 2" Challenger, is lighter with the punched holes at 32lbs 14 oz. Though the one we have in the pic is 33.5 lbs but we within a 1/2 pound which makes sense as the tracks vary in production.

And we were running our tracks with the side track nubs trimmed off, and that made or track 27.1lbs. ( our first test one)

And we also have a customer who has punched holes in his track and claimed close to 2 lbs lighter there. This we have not tested yet, but he will in a week or so.

So we did the math rounded from 27lbs x 30% = 35.1lbs we are off a bit.
We we're also running our prototype track which was a bit lighter (27.1lbs). The tracks do vary within 1 pound of each other as they come off the line.

So you could take it and trim the nubs, drill holes and save an additional 2.5 lbs we will say until we verify for a total of 25.5lbs.

You are correct it is about 22% lighter even with the extra 1/2 of lug.

But if you trimmed away...
25.5 lbs x 30% = 32.5lbs ( which is achievable)

Our bikes benefit huge from the lighter tracks and the 1/2 taller lug.

Also of note.. the customers who are running the Maxtrax on the 2014 and down TS kits are having a tiny 3/16 grove worn in the track where the brake disk is touching on the centre paddle. But for some reason this is only happening on some guys kits, depending on how tight they run their track.

And if you run a primary gearing combo that uses all the adjustment in the TS chain tensioner ( or lots of it) you will wear a groove in the track also. But this is common on the Challenger 2" tracks also now in some combinations. It will not affect your performance, in fact it would make your track a bit lighter also.

We are all about saving weight on our products and freeing up HP in our drives. That all equals better performance. But we will not sacrifice strength for weight savings.

Appreciate your comments M5. Keep them coming!

Thanks again
C3 Powersports.

IMG_6524.jpg IMG_6605.jpg IMG_6613.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
When we are all dealing with such a low hp application the battle will be won in ounces more than lbs. I've been thinking of late more and more about dropping excess weight. Lots of guys did the lightweight thing with sleds but you had way more hp to work with than a NA bike produces so not quite as important. Having ditched the thumper in favour of a CR500 this season I can feel the 30 lb weight drop (yes I weighed them). If the track has a bigger lug with less weight that's a win regardless of the number.

Personally I want to avoid the turbo game having spent the last 10+ years with turbo sleds but I am keeping one around just in case lol.

An interesting comparison would be running a ported track vs. a non-ported track back to back or side by side. I ported a few sled tracks years ago and they do roll easier, the bike might benefit more from the porting than the actual weight reduction from the removed material.

IMO inefficiencies and excess weight are the enemy of the snow bike not so much the all out power of the dirt bike

Keep up the good work.

M5

Premium Features