• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Magazine Project Sled 2015: Yamaha Viper

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
SnoWest Magazine has selected the Yamaha Viper as our project sled for this season. I being the one who voted!!

Thank you Christopher!!!!

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
last time i checked the flag was red white and blue. not a bad color combo. made in America well almost :face-icon-small-ton

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I talked with them and they acted like the turbo install wasn't going to happen for a few weeks so probably at the next show.

When I saw those red skis laying on the table I was really hoping they weren't going to put them on the sled.

I thought the Yamaha booth was a lot better than last year. They were pushing their stuff a lot more.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I talked with them and they acted like the turbo install wasn't going to happen for a few weeks so probably at the next show.

When I saw those red skis laying on the table I was really hoping they weren't going to put them on the sled.

I thought the Yamaha booth was a lot better than last year. They were pushing their stuff a lot more.
No surprise at all if the sled gets finished at the Boise Show in November

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
ve8u3yma.jpg

5a4y8a2y.jpg

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
They are really gonna like how the Skinz front end works on that chassis.

Having ridden the stock front end on an 1100 for 3 years, an 1100 with Skinz front end and Raptors for a winter, and time on a stock Viper, imo the stock Viper was easer to work stock to stock than the 1100 but not as easy as my Skinz 1100. Granted mine has a lot of weight taken out I would expect this build to handle very similar.

This will open a lot of peoples eyes to how far 4s have come in handling. Everyone knows they make power, to also have mobility makes a sled like this tough to hate.......but there are always haters :face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The right side, upper most rearward bumper mount hole is vacant. This is just what I saw. I don't know if this is what 05900 was referring to. Don't worrry man it is easy to nitpick something as you are looking at a picture versus trying to assemble a sled at a show with hundreds of people asking questions while you are constructing.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
missing hardware could be one of two things i noticed. the cold air intake for the turbo is missing and/or the missing mounting hardware for the old skid mounting holes that were left empty because of the new skid mounting location

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
The right side, upper most rearward bumper mount hole is vacant. This is just what I saw. I don't know if this is what 05900 was referring to. Don't worrry man it is easy to nitpick something as you are looking at a picture versus trying to assemble a sled at a show with Christopher asking questions while you are constructing.

Time lapse photography.. phone pic.. easier to see on monitor.
And gettin thrown in the mix sucks :frusty: when a plan doesn't come together..

Premium Features