• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI 2014 Yamaha Viper Turbo kit

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
I had a quick question about the MPI Turbo kits. Will the boost/fuel/timing adjust when riding from 5000 to say 10000 feet? (parking lot to riding spot )

My last turbo was with the MCX and my sled ran flawless all the time. I planning on ordering up a 2015 MTX and wanted to take advantage of the Yamaha $2000 turbo upgrade.

I was unsure if the Gems box did the same auto adjust.

Thanks for your time,

Keith

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
I had a quick question about the MPI Turbo kits. Will the boost/fuel/timing adjust when riding from 5000 to say 10000 feet? (parking lot to riding spot )

My last turbo was with the MCX and my sled ran flawless all the time. I planning on ordering up a 2015 MTX and wanted to take advantage of the Yamaha $2000 turbo upgrade.

I was unsure if the Gems box did the same auto adjust.

Thanks for your time,

Keith

Last week went from 6-9000 without touching it. AFR stayed consistent. I'm really impressed with the GEMS on the Viper but we're still testing other options.

V
Mar 7, 2012
I snowchecked a 2015 with the 2000 turbo deal. will the kit come with the intercooler or will it be like the kit i got from yamaha for my nytro.

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
I snowchecked a 2015 with the 2000 turbo deal. will the kit come with the intercooler or will it be like the kit i got from yamaha for my nytro.

Non intercooled. Very easy to upgrade to the intercooler.

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
pricing for upgrades

so in the fall when i pick up my snowcheck with the turbo and come to the shop in draper to add an intercooler what would the extra cost be and are you doing anytype of exchange on the muffler if i dont install it? id like to just install it all at once.

also since all the weight is up front anyways when do you think you will be unveiling the supercharger options

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
so in the fall when i pick up my snowcheck with the turbo and come to the shop in draper to add an intercooler what would the extra cost be and are you doing anytype of exchange on the muffler if i dont install it? id like to just install it all at once.

also since all the weight is up front anyways when do you think you will be unveiling the supercharger options

We will have a full range of upgrades and add ons. I'm working on the muffler exchange program. I lot of guys are asking about doing it.

We'll work on the supercharger option this summer.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
on 91 octane i hope.

and IF you replace the GEMS (i know you said it works great on the viper) will it be a option before next fall??? maybe this isn't a can of worms you want to open just yet LOL.

thanks

k

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
on 91 octane i hope.

and IF you replace the GEMS (i know you said it works great on the viper) will it be a option before next fall??? maybe this isn't a can of worms you want to open just yet LOL.

thanks

k

Yes with the head shim pump gas. Why'll we are exploring different fuel controller options I can say we'll have different options. This will give you the option to run what you want.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hmmmm
One has to wonder just what MPI might be considering to replace the GEMs unit after all these years.....:face-icon-small-sho

V
Feb 25, 2014
i spring ordered a 2015 viper mtx le and am bringing it to G- Force Division in Quebec to have the mli stage 2 kit installed I'm new to the whole turbo world and was just wondering if i will be compromising my reliability @10lbs of boost on pump gas ? i live in labrador canada elevation here is 600m i ride from 600 to 1500m. also matt can we get a sound clip of that lightweight muffler?

Last edited:
S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Yes with the head shim pump gas. Why'll we are exploring different fuel controller options I can say we'll have different options. This will give you the option to run what you want.

When is MPI .. Gonna update website... It's old, awkward, and is never up to date... IMO

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Screw the website! I just got back from a very short break in ride running my Viper 162 at 8 to 9 lbs of boost and you are going to have more important things to worry about real soon...........full report to come but she is raunchy!

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Screw the website! I just got back from a very short break in ride running my Viper 162 at 8 to 9 lbs of boost and you are going to have more important things to worry about real soon...........full report to come but she is raunchy!

Can't wait to here the report. The website is important but so is testing. We're up in Island Park doing some more high boost stuff this week. The snow sucks back home.

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013

Yup I know I have thrown a leg over one to... Just saying for those SC with MPI .. It sure would nice to see product .. In all it's boost levels without desifering thru pages of blah blah on SW... If people could SEE what the product is and what you need for your additions such as Intercooler, etc... Cost .. Upgrades... I would hope it's sooner than later.. Otherwise many will SC naturally aspirated and go with the competitIons ... But ya holy it pulls very well at 8lbs...

Can't wait to see more MPI

R
Jan 9, 2011
The LOOPS
OK Matt so the $2000 turbo kit that comes with the viper Le package is capable of hitting 270hp ? Sounds like it needs quite a few upgrades to reach this level of hp, what kinda $$ you thinking here? Just trying to determine whether it is better to go after a full 270hp kit. Thanks for your help

Premium Features