• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVOLUTION POWERSPORTS & MPI introduce Yamaha Nytro ECU Reprogramming

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Will this work for the MCX systems as, particularly the 240 kit?

The Safety Flash and Reduced Timing & Handwarmer Fix are universal flashes except the programming varies a little by model (Mountain or Flatland) and model year.

The big injector flash would need to be coordinated with MCX's controller to make it work.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So you want the public to pay $300 for their water temp light to come earlier? A water temp gauge is half that with pipe adapter. Then have the already crap factory grips get warm for $100 when a set of RSI is $40 and twice the heat.

I guess its cool and im sure you will get some suckers but thats spendy. For $200 bucks i can fix both those problems too and not have to send off my ECU. My .02

I love it how people underestimate the time and value of software. It probably took them months to understand enough of circuit design of the ECU and the software to even understand where and how the water temp was dealt with.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
Im glad to see more people jump into the sled game. IMO we are just starting to see tech that has been used in cars for years and its about time. People need to understand the thousands of hours and dollars it takes to bring products like this to the table.

partsman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver B.C.
This reflash has been on the market for a while now.Does anybody have first hand experience with the timing & safety reflash. I was thinking of trying it.It could save on fuel costs or run more boost ???.
Well I sent my ecu away monday mar 18 and got it back for a weekend ride.Cant wait to try,I will give it a report monday.I think this will be like the racer's edge rear suspension I bought in 2010 (no one wanted to say how good it was at first)I ride in whistler most weekends if someone wants to see it work.

Last edited:

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
I have had mine for a couple months now and dont have as many miles as I would like due to lack of snow but from what I have found it has improved my performance greatly. I am running the full reflash with the injectors and my sled is building 3 psi mor than before. I am running a stage II at 18PSI and it runs great!!!!

partsman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver B.C.
I received my ECU for a ride sunday.I had the safety,timing and hand warmer flash done.I did not think the hand warmers needed the upgrade but after trying it sure does work good now,well worth the 79.00 dollars.I also noticed the overheat light on the groomed trail this never happened before the flash. I did not realize the stock coolers ran the motor so hot.As for the timing the sled feels a way better not so violent at wot.I will turn the boost up and see how far I can push the limits.Money well spent:face-icon-small-hap

Thanks Jim for giving us these options.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
I would like to try one of these systems, just don't know which is best. I have upgraded my cooling and run no hotter than 160 on any given day. Temp is not a concern. So I guess my choice is between the other ECU reprogrammings you offer.

Currently, I run 15-18 psi with the great (money well spent) boost-it system . How could any of your products help me?

I live in Alamosa, so I'll even come up there to test your product. If you have any snow left!

thanks

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
The two programs that will help you are the timing reduction and the handwarmer fix. The timing reduction will allow you to lower your fuel requirements or increase boost by 2-3 lbs and use the same fuel you are using now. The hand warmer fix is very worthwhile if you have an 08-11 Nytro. Guys don't realize how bad the stock warmers are until they have them updated via programming.

Unfortunately, we are not back in Colorado until June.

We offer a 14 day money back guarantee on our ECU reflashes - if you are not happy, we will refund your money.

I would like to try one of these systems, just don't know which is best. I have upgraded my cooling and run no hotter than 160 on any given day. Temp is not a concern. So I guess my choice is between the other ECU reprogrammings you offer.

Currently, I run 15-18 psi with the great (money well spent) boost-it system . How could any of your products help me?

I live in Alamosa, so I'll even come up there to test your product. If you have any snow left!

thanks

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
The two programs that will help you are the timing reduction and the handwarmer fix. The timing reduction will allow you to lower your fuel requirements or increase boost by 2-3 lbs and use the same fuel you are using now. The hand warmer fix is very worthwhile if you have an 08-11 Nytro. Guys don't realize how bad the stock warmers are until they have them updated via programming.

Unfortunately, we are not back in Colorado until June.

We offer a 14 day money back guarantee on our ECU reflashes - if you are not happy, we will refund your money.

If I sent you an ECU, could you do the handwarmer update and raise Apex rev limiter by a couple hundred RPM? I'm not interested in a timing change..

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
What you guys are doing is going to change the snowmobile industry!!! I send my congrats....

This will be the norm once all sleds are fuel injected...I can see this will happen to the 2 strokes as well...

Being in the racing industry I see first hand what can be made for gains and longevity with flashing/changing the mapping for HP gains and more efficiency as well...I could see a big gain in HP by flashing the timing and fuel for a fraction of the costs from adding pipes, clutch kits, engine work...

Once you get into the mapping you could go as far as traction control, just like in cars...

Great work guys, you are a head of the game...

TJ

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So we upgraded 2 ECUs in November.
One for my Supercharged Nytro and one for Chim Chim's new Turbo Nytro.

Both of us are reporting Temp Warnings this weekend from the first run.

My sled goes in and out of Temp Warning depending on what I am doing.
In DEEP snow the warning goes off more often than not.
On trail or any normal riding, the warning light is ON almost 100% of the time.

Chim Chim was seeing his Warning Light ON 100% of the time, it NEVER went out.

Both of us had the "Safety" flash done which lowers the warning temp 20 degrees before setting off the light for added safety.

Clearly in our cases this is not working out so well as the light is coming on when the engine is really in no danger, and if the light is on all the time, then the warning is of no value as you see the light constantly.

Soooo

The question now becomes one of ADDITIONAL COOLING.

What should we be doing to pull down the coolant temps?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
It clearly shows how hot these sled run. The light now turns on a 190 not 212. Your sled has been running hot most of the time without you knowing it. Water temp becomes so important when boosted. Plus it’s early in the year and snow isn't that great. We sell a tunnel cooler kit that is so over kill you can ditch the radiator that doesn't work any way. These coolers are designed to fit stock sleds along with supercharged and most rear <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceType alt=
</st1:placeType>mount <st1:placeName w:st="on">turbo kits.</st1:placeName></ST1:p<O:p</O:p

new tunnel cooler 1.JPG new tunnel cooler 2.JPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like it is mounted on a drop bracket.
Wonder if I can make that work with the Skinz Under Tunnel Exhaust system installed?

Premium Features