• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PsychoSled Low/Mid Boost Fuel Bridge For Nytro

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
The important bits:

#1 – 3 years REAL WORLD TESTING BEFORE RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC – we were the crash test dummies, so you don’t have to be!
#2 – Works on SC sleds AND Turboed sleds
#3 – Plug, play, ride… if you decide to adjust it, you’re on your own. It doesn’t need tuned – EVER. (elevation, temp, etc. are not factors – hop in your fuel injected truck and go for a ride… it’s the same performance animal)
#4 – All testing culminated in a MINIMUM 91 octane rating at 8 psi boost at sea level, and 10 psi boost at elevation. No race fuel required… or wanted…

**NOTE**
We pushed the ragged edge with boost concerning detonation vs. compression ratio during testing, and we effectively achieved even higher boost levels… That being said, stick to the maximum boost levels we advertise… also, excellent quality 91 octane ETHANOL FREE fuel, AND an additive such as Torco or Lucas octane booster is paramount. (Octane boosters are virtually useless for boosting octane, but they do reduce or eliminate moisture in the fuel that is detrimental to your engine at these boost/compression levels. There are minimal octane gains although they are negligible)

The PsychoSled “Bridge” fuel control system was developed for low to mid-range boost sleds. It has been tested and proven in Yamaha Nytro sleds that produce 0-8 lbs. of boost at sea level and 0-10 lbs. of boost at 8-10,000 ft. for the last 3 years. It works synonymously with turbos OR superchargers – with A SINGLE MAP ACROSS THE BOARD - by utilizing Dynojet automotive technology and an OEM Yamaha style wiring harness. Our system works in conjunction with, and allows component communications via, the OEM ECU.

Instead of “piggyback” or “stand-alone”, we like to refer to our system as a fuel control “bridging” system.

0-10 PSI? Yes! Shell a supercharger belt? Wastegate stuck open? Zero boost? No problem… no adjustments… just ride back to the truck – no over-fueling! (Your clutching will suck, but the engine will run just like a stock sled!)
With the conditions, and ideal testing opportunities of OFT Racing owner Rick Coffman, PsychoSled fitted the fastest asphalt drag sled in the state of Alaska this summer. This wasn’t always the fastest sled in Alaska, but with a specialized PsychoSled fuel control system that managed 15 lbs. of rear mount, “prototype”, turbo boost @ 16 feet above sea level, running steady 12.5 AFR’s on race fuel… the system catapulted Rick’s Nytro to the front of the pack. Even systems homebuilt from various parts, from various vendors are easily controlled with this system (Alaska state ¼ mile record is on file).

Need we say more?

This is also the perfect upgrade for customers who have purchased the OEM Yamaha 180 hp boost kits – turbo OR supercharger.

The fuel controller will make it run the way it should have from the factory… it will actually reach that advertised 180 hp threshold – most likely beyond – and it will run like a top. As a matter of fact, you can stay at the “180 hp” rating, or you can up your turbo boost via customer turbo tinkering, or customer pulley changes on the SC kits – all the way to 10 PSI at elevation… this system will cover it! At this point, there is no other system that works in quite the same manner the PSI Bridge does.

**NOTE**
For increased boost levels on the OEM boost kits from Yamaha, Psychosled STRONGLY recommends the addition of MPI’s intercooler system. Increased compression creates increased intake temps that can lead to detonation – even with a superior fuel and fuel control systems.

Final Note:
Buyers need to beware that Dynojet now has their own PC5 system on the market that offers a pressure sensor (Dynojet P/N - 22-025-PTI) – THIS IS IN NO WAY NEAR THE PSYCHOSLED BRIDGE FUEL CONTROL. It uses a similar sensor, and comparable electronics, but it still requires user mapping of the fuel table, pressure table, air temp table, etc… The PsychoSled system is completely “plug-n-play”. (Some welding required).

Wanna turn the key and ride? This is your answer – plain and simple. Ride it like you stole it.

PSIController.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Depending on what you want/need $550-$1000.

Basic controller and associated parts - $550
Controller + O2 sensor add-on (cleans up stock ECM and mapping a bunch) - $775
Controller + O2 add-on + LCD screen - $1k

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Is the system plug n play? What is the benefit of the LCD screen? What does it display?

Plug and play - The LCD is Dynojet's LCD. It will display a multitude of user defined things including A/F's, RPM, Boost PSI (Absolute - Not gauge), etc.

Can a person run higher boost levels 15-18lbs? Can I adjust timing ?

I'll answer your PM :face-icon-small-win

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Does the LCD include a wideband or does that need to be purchased separately? What about the o2 module, does that require a separate wideband or does it run off the stock harness?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out what the real cost will be.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
It's ok, lotsa questions comes from poor descriptions...:face-icon-small-con

One of our goals has been to include EVERYTHING...

The AutoTune is a wideband controller - That being said, it is making changes as you ride, and that signal is sent to the controller. The LCD is simply a "user interface" to all of the data ALREADY being gathered and processed in the controller.

1 O2 sensor does it all.

The cost advertised is the cost of the equipment to make your sled work right...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
As the description says, this system is Dynojet based... that is what has helped keep costs down. There are a couple other "hardware" and wiring parts mated with the system to achieve what we have. Bosch sensor, PsychoSled harness.

OK, i am just curious as I have NO feel for what your selling even from the large description. Especially considering your non piggyback or stand alone comment, you either replace it all or work with stock. no two ways about it. Any pictures of it so we can see what you got going on?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
what is the secret with fueling higher boost levels..

No secrets... the controller and map will handle a fair piece more. (sucessfully tested to 15 psi @ sea level +/- 16' :face-icon-small-hap)

The issues are the limitations of stock injectors, fuel pump compression ratio, etc. We just don't really want to deal with it.

We developed, and tested (again, 3 seasons) a kit for low to mid boost customers because we feel that is the greatest need, and frankly we don't have a huge interest in higher boost.

Contrary to popular belief, sleds are a bit of a handful when they make 300+ HP. We make parts for what we know, and what we ride - that's about the best I can tell you, and I think it's the best scenario for our customers.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
OK, i am just curious as I have NO feel for what your selling even from the large description. Especially considering your non piggyback or stand alone comment, you either replace it all or work with stock. no two ways about it. Any pictures of it so we can see what you got going on?

Fair enough... but YOU just explained the "neither based" comment.

Work WITH stock... most, if not all piggybacks have a large issue working WITH stock. Most times they run over it, beside it, behind it, etc. Ours actually works WITH stock - and very well.

I'll have a pic of the system tomorrow, but it consists of Dynojet parts, smattered with the pieces necessary to make things work together.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Moto
If I understand you right with your system a person has to run it with 91 Octane ETHANOL FREE fuel. In our area there is no such thing. its all 10% ethanal during winter months and there is no way to tell if they run it during the summer months as well without being a chemist.

Are people like me in my area left out in the cold here or did i miss something. is there a work around?

Good to hear you and your company are out there pushing the sport foward Good luck with this new product. Sounds like a great addition to your already good line of products

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Look, let's be honest...

That crap is everywhere, and you never know.

At the onset of testing, I ran 100% UNLEADED 103 octane race fuel. Know how they make 103 UNLEADED race fuel? 15-20% Corn squeezin's. YEECCHH!

The biggest detriment to our system and the boost levels we are comfortable with, concerns crappy or wet fuel. Hence the safety factors on boost limits we have, and the use of octane accelerators. They do little to boost octane, but they do help dry fuel.

Like any other product out there, we are trying to err on the side of caution for our customer's safety and their sled's well-being. If we try to circumvent the obvious problems, everyone is better off.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
ive been picking at ricky's brain about me building a turbo system myself and I was wondering since I have a pc5 with autotune already, would I just need to get a boost pressure sensor and the mapping from you if im going to be running low boost 6-8psi? or would I need to buy the dynojet based system you are offering?

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
this you Norton?

If you have a PC5 setup already I can help you out... just a couple proprietary bits and you are good to go!

no not norton, but I am interested, im going to be building my system in jan-feburary when I have some downtime from work, ill send you a pm

Premium Features