• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP files against Cat

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
It has to do with the chassis I guess. It's not the reverse, Cat has had that for awhile now.

My first comment when I got off the new turbo last spring was, "That feels just like my REV!!!"

OOOOPS

joe

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
It has to do with the chassis I guess. It's not the reverse, Cat has had that for awhile now.

My first comment when I got off the new turbo last spring was, "That feels just like my REV!!!"

OOOOPS

joe

Hmm and i still say the Rev is the best balanced sled to date for mountain riding.:face-icon-small-sho

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
how do they file suit with cat and not Prolaris? they have (from the looks) stole the rev chassis and made it a prolaris. post this in the cat and prolaris forums please!

M
Nov 13, 2008
Hmmm

Hmmmm, if they handle like a Rev I may have to go try one out! Miss the 07Rev. Might have to pick one up before they're forced to stop production! It will be interesting, I'm sure BRP has deeper pockets than Cat:)

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Wow....this is a bit on the gay side. You can patent rider postion??? WTF?

Way to go BRP. Really awesome. Quit being a bunch of whiners already. Just goes to show with enough money and enough lawyers you can make anything happen.

I've always wondered, if i went and got a law degree, How much could I screw up companies like this's universe.

Just on the belt thing alone.

This just dumb. They are finally getting their azzes handed to them in sales, and now they want to sue.

Heres a brilliant idea..... how about just make a better product BRP. All this talk about inovation and how its our core b.s.....

A holes.......

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
Wow....this is a bit on the gay side. You can patent rider postion??? WTF?

Way to go BRP. Really awesome. Quit being a bunch of whiners already. Just goes to show with enough money and enough lawyers you can make anything happen.

I've always wondered, if i went and got a law degree, How much could I screw up companies like this's universe.

Just on the belt thing alone.

This just dumb. They are finally getting their azzes handed to them in sales, and now they want to sue.

Heres a brilliant idea..... how about just make a better product BRP. All this talk about inovation and how its our core b.s.....

A holes.......

I completely agree.... and yea, how can you patent a rider position lmao!?!?!?!:face-icon-small-con

M
Nov 13, 2008

They are making a better product... The 2013 SDXP.... Which I almost forgot about. I'll just wait and ride that one. A Polaris used to look just like a Polaris , a Cat just like a Cat, now strip them both down and they look just like the primitive 08XP. Five years ago the XP changed sleds as we know them, you can't argue that one. Now years later others are following suit, evidently one a little to close. I'm sure the patents are more in depth than just where you stand, afterall I couldn't go patent the way I put a quarter in the payphone. I wonder if the lawsuit has anything to doo with the new 2013 sled?

Feb 28, 2009
I wonder if they waited until they did to wait for the people that snow checked to get their sleds. then brought this forward as an issue so those people wouldnt be out their sled for the season. This also has to have something to do with 2013 cant wait. you cant blame them for the suit If you spent a bunch of money on developing something and someone else came up and said I like that I think I will use that too you would sue too.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Man, you'd swear someone called those cat loyalist mother a crack whore. This goes on all the time in the business world. I'm not saying it's right, it's just what the blood sucking lawyers do. Every sled company has sued the other at one point or another. Heck, that's how we keep getting better sleds. But for someone who happens to own a doo or a cat and take it personally. Give me a break. Their not going to take your snowmobile away. I remember when cat sued polaris over efi. Poo didn't have efi sleds for years after the RXL because they lost the suit and had to stop using efi. Point is, other industries do it as well. No reason to get all butt hurt over it.

Premium Features