• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on Best aftermarket skis for the XP chassis

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Just looking to get some opinions on what aftermarket skis people like best on their skidoo XP's, and why. Concerned mostly with mountain/powder performance, don't care much about the trail ride because those are never more than 10k long here in BC!

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I ran Simmons on my '09 and '10 but was sold on SlyDog's last year on my buddies '11. Have a new pair sitting in my garage waiting for my '12 FreeRide.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I asked Allen from Timbersled this question at the snow show last weekend and he said the SLP SLT skis too Brew. Woulda thought the Powder Pros, glad I asked.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
thanks for the input guys its looking like SLP is the most popular hey? between the powder pros & SLT's

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
BTW Cortez I asked Allen for the best ski to use boonedocking and climbing off trail. He knew I rode mainly in Washington with our heavier snow so take that into consideration too. I didn't ask him for the best all around ski, I wasn't concerned with how they worked on the trails but they are supposed to be great for ripping up the trails too. Bonus.

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
I was always a huge C&A fan until I used them on my summit XP's. Too aggressive and darty. My new favorite is the stock freeride ski that comes on the 2011 and up. They are the perfect balance for mountain riding. And to top it off skidoo sells them in a kit for an awesome price!!

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
I was always a huge C&A fan until I used them on my summit XP's. Too aggressive and darty. My new favorite is the stock freeride ski that comes on the 2011 and up. They are the perfect balance for mountain riding. And to top it off skidoo sells them in a kit for an awesome price!!

what kit is that? the skis don't come with the s36 handling package do they??

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
that is a good price, quite the opposite of what im accustomed to.. funny how that entire kit is $250 yet its $290 for a steering post:face-icon-small-con

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Slydog 8" Powderhound. HUGE improvement over the previous 7" ski.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I run C&A XT's on an XP and they are fantastic for me in everything from hardpack to waist deep. just take a bit to get used to as they actually turn, vs the stockers. almost went over the bars a few times on the first ride, now you get back on the stockers and cant make a friggin corner! heard good things on the SLP's as well

Z

zEEx

Nov 29, 2007
Lake Country BC
Powder pros's are too aggressive.........I have a gently used white pair I'll sell you.......I bought the New Pilot DS ski's at the end of last season and they are awesome!! and like others have said Good Price!

Premium Features