• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX Nytro Squak Squak Squak

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Had a few guys ask about which BOV it is and I keep meaning to snap a pic.
The one my spring fits is the flat silver one that bolts on to the end of the intercooler with 3 little bolts. If you have this style on any MCX intercooler it will fit. The older nytro had a BOV that went onto the intercooler with a short rubber hose, the spring WONT fit that style. I will get a pic soon. Thanks guys.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Here it is McX Bov

McXIntercooler005-1.jpg

McXIntercoolerklartilmodding015.jpg

DumpventilplasseringMcx013.jpg

DumpventilplasseringMcx017.jpg

DumpventilplasseringMcx018.jpg

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We tried cutting the stock spring down as well as Thistle had the last spring made softer, we cut that down as well. They were an improvement, but this last spring is the answer. My nytro was running the best it ever has. no more flutter out of the air intake, bov worked perfectly. get them ordered up before they are gone.

S

sleslie

Aug 10, 2009
Lacombe, Alberta
Any other guys with the 180 kit try these, i just installed mine and went for a ride. I never noticed any difference with about 8lbs of boost, never heard the valve open once, i tried wide open throttle and then off and then tried pumping throttle wide open and off a few times. Now this was in a flat field and not in the mountains but i expected to hear something different. Anybody else?

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I have one installed on my 180 kit and you can hear the woosh of air when you let off the throttle. Before I installed the new spring it was more of a chirping sound coming from the intake.

S

sleslie

Aug 10, 2009
Lacombe, Alberta
Thanks Snafu, its pretty cold out here today, maybe with all my gear on i just couldn't make out the sound. With the difference in the two springs being so drastic i guess i was just waiting for something that maybe wasn't supposed to he there. I took the blow off valve off again just to make sure everything was installed correctly, i will put it back on and try again tomorrow when its supposed to be a bit warmer out.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Yup and the chirp isn't a good sound. Lots of guys think that's the bov but it's not what makes that sound is the gush of air coming all the way back from where it came from in the intake sock. It's stalling the fast spinning impellor which makes more lag because it's stopped again and it's hard on your turbo.

S

sleslie

Aug 10, 2009
Lacombe, Alberta
Thanks Thistledoo, after doing some more reading about these blowoff valves i'm really glad i upgraded, i know i was only running 8lbs of boost but it was there instantly, no lag at all, thanks again.

Aug 15, 2008
I just got my apex MCX BOV working properly, well back in december... I got an adjustable turbosmart and even had to trim that spring, once you get the BOV working properly these MCX kits are awesome, plus it will ensure longevity of the kit... Wish this thread would have been out before I fixed mine...lol

Premium Features