• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Pump Setting

L
Sep 9, 2010
21mm (0.82") because I was basing it on the notch on the pump. The manual asks for 28mm (1.1") but I was told that it was changed as part of a skidoo service update.

J

jwill302

Dec 6, 2007
il. 60073
do you have the stock cable on? i do not see how you can adjust it on my stock cable. there is only 1 nut at the pump. i just put on a rsi cable and was wondering if there was a spec also. i eyeballed it off the stock cable.

Last edited:
L
Sep 9, 2010
Nope, I don't have a stock cable on it, but I don't see how that matters. Free length play is free length play regardless of the cable. The 02's specify 28mm (I checked with Doo, there was no service update for the pump setting), but I can't get my cable to extend that far. 24mm (0.94") is all I get out of it.

I am really curious to know what measurement is on a stock machine. Anyone?

K

keneb

Sep 3, 2010
Spokane WA
According to the service manual...
"The visible stretched distance of the cable should be 28.0 ± 0.3 mm (1.102 ± 0.012 in)." of course that's measured at the adjuster. Are you using RSI extended cables? If so, I don't think they separate at the adjuster so I'm not sure how to set up proper adjustment using the RSI cables. I'm up against the same thing on a couple of '03s. Fortunately I have not taken one of them apart yet so i can get measurements at the pump.

J

jwill302

Dec 6, 2007
il. 60073
my stock cable measures out at 50 mm at idle, i thought i was over oiling then. if i adjust the cable down to 28mm at idle i will not be able to open the throttle all the way.

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
HELP !

According to the service manual...
"The visible stretched distance of the cable should be 28.0 ± 0.3 mm (1.102 ± 0.012 in)."
of course that's measured at the adjuster.
Are you using RSI extended cables ?
If so, I don't think they separate at the adjuster so I'm not sure how to set up proper adjustment using the RSI cables.
I'm up against the same thing on a couple of ZX '03s.
Fortunately I have not taken one of them apart yet so i can get measurements at the pump.

keneb

Please take pictures and measurements at the oil pump on your "ZX" 800 cc sled.

K

keneb

Sep 3, 2010
Spokane WA
well... I'm very sorry to say that I can offer no further assistance in the oil pump cable department. Had a conversation with a most helpful guy at RSI and figured out that they neither the TC-1 nor the TC-4 cable will fit the 2003 ZX chassis sleds. The cable throw length is different from the '01-'02 models, so any measurements i give from an '03 will be incorrect for an '01-'02. So... I have to use the Powermadd extenders. Sorry for promised info not provided.

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
Had a conversation with a most helpful guy at RSI and figured out that they neither the TC-1 nor the TC-4 cable will fit the 2003 ZX chassis sleds.
The cable throw length is different from the '01-'02 models,
so any measurements i give from an '03 will be incorrect for an '01-'02.

keneb

Please give me the measurements on the oil pump and also some pictures if you have the possibilities to take some from your '03 ZX 800 sled,
I really needing them !!

HELP !!

K

keneb

Sep 3, 2010
Spokane WA
2003 800 HO

I took these measurements off of my 2003 800 HO ZX. It seems that the adjustment specs are exclusive to the 2003, earlier models have a different spec for adjusting the oil pump. Measuring in there was a little tricky, i tried to be as accurate as i could be. So this is the way mine is set.

slide.001 by sevenstack, on Flickr

slide.002 by sevenstack, on Flickr

slide.003 by sevenstack, on Flickr

Last edited:
You can not adjust the cable out from the pictures here. The original wire have an adjustment just out from the connecting box where the wires are beeing splitted into two, and it is here you shall do the adjust. It has nothing to with the marks on the leveler arm to the pump or the mark on the pump, that was beeing used before.

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
I took these measurements off of my 2003 Summit-X 800 HO ZX.
Measuring in there was a little tricky,
i tried to be as accurate as i could be.
So this is the way mine is set.

keneb

THANX * 1000 !!! :clap2: :tea: :peace: :rockon: :hail:

Your pictures going to help me alot !!!

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
You can not adjust the cable out from the pictures here.
The original wire have an adjustment just out from the connecting box where the wires are beeing splitted into two,
and it is here you shall do the adjust.
It has nothing to with the marks on the leveler arm to the pump or the mark on the pump, that was beeing used before.

For me keneb's pictures going to be great help for me ! :hail:
I'm going to put on a custom made throttle cable without any form of adjustment along any of the cables.
The adjustment is going to be made in the old fashioned way down at the pump, so It was of most importance for me to get the view and numbers at the oil pump !!

Thanx keneb !

Premium Features