• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swaybar removal

C
Oct 24, 2008
brighton, colorado
took everything apart and removed things the cival way and used a couple of 2 hole straps for conduit and secured them up out of the way so If I ever sell the sled I can put them back on or at least give all the parts to the new owner

Oh yeah! it helps, made mine feel like a freakin' 2-moto! haha, it's helps a ton with sidehilling, just add a bit more preload to your front shocks so that the trail isn't so bad, I didn't, it is hell down the trail, but I honestly don't go that fast down the trail anyways.

S

Sasksummit

Nov 26, 2007
Lloydminster AB CA
I took the sway bar out of my boys 06 on the weekend without grinding it. It still only took 15 mins. The only trick is to take vise grips and pull the plastic piece of one end of the bar. Then just wiggle it around and it slides right out.

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
I just did this yesterday on my 01 Summit 700, sure you can cut it out but why? It’s pretty easy to pull intact.

Pull rear attachment on trailing arms where they attach near running boards (6mm allen)

Grab one trailing arm and ski tail and pull away from sled, this pops end of sway bar out of retaining bracket, repeat on other side. The sway bar should now be hanging free.

Grind off the rivet heads from the plastic bracket with Dremel tool and slide plastic brackets off of bar. I tried to drill em out first but they spun so the Dremel worked better for me. A nice long punch helps to push out the rivet bodies once the heads are ground off but you could probably use a nail or the tange of a file to push the rivet bodies back into the sled. I also used a small magnet on a little extender wand that I picked up for a couple of bucks somewhere to fish the rivit bodies back out of my engine compartment but that may not be necessary it was just easy to do, so I did it.

Check if some of the wiring harness was zip tied to your sway bar under the engine, by wiggling and sliding the sway bar and seeing how freely it moves and if any of the wiring moves with it, mine was zip tied so I had to pull the exhaust to be able to clip the zip tie but apparently some aren’t.

Once that’s done I just pushed the sway bar in from the riders left side, smacked the end of the bar with a dead blow hammer a couple of times to get it past that first bend (the hang up spot), and then it slid right out. The whole process took about 30 - 45 min and grinding the rivets took more time than any other part.

Fill/plug the hole in any way that you choose.

Re-attach your trailing arms and you’re done :D!

S

Sasksummit

Nov 26, 2007
Lloydminster AB CA
Ya i tipped it on the side it comes out real easy. I didn't even remove the rivets. Just take the blocks off the A arm and the 4 bolts that hold it to the sled and out she comes.

Last edited:
M
Oct 13, 2009
Loveland Co
I had to drill out all the rivet and then the sway bar came out pretty easy. Thanks to all that replyed it helped out a bunch. Cant wait to see what the difference it is going to be side hilling.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Myself I've rode Ab's Zx and farmer's zx's they both have the sway bar out, I've left mine in and don't really see the need of removing it, short of losing the 5lbs that they weigh. And if I'm worried about 5 lbs, I could probably lose that

Premium Features