• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Summit X with Expert Package Vid

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Very interesting how the new front suspension eliminates washout.

So are you stating in the video locking out the rear t motion is not required with this front end setup?

Im sure every upgrade helps.
Eliminating the washout is mainly the spindle changing the suspension geometry?

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Very interesting how the new front suspension eliminates washout.

So are you stating in the video locking out the rear t motion is not required with this front end setup?

Im sure every upgrade helps.
Eliminating the washout is mainly the spindle changing the suspension geometry?

Part of it is the change in geometry of the spindle and also the ski stop that does not allow the ski to bend up towards the sled, it keeps the ski flatter therefore giving it better predictability and allowing the sledto move quicker over the snow which makes the sled quicker and less prone to washout.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
So Dave, a question I’m sure has been asked /floated out there.

Why no Expert Edition for the 175? I’d really like one of those, but may have to settle for the 165.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
So Dave, a question I’m sure has been asked /floated out there.

Why no Expert Edition for the 175? I’d really like one of those, but may have to settle for the 165.

the calibration for the suspension just got finished for the 54 and 65, this has been a 2 year project, no time to calibrate it in time, i know guys say its easy to just add stuff, well none of those guys thought about any of these changes....so it takes time to invent, try, test and do it over and over....i was bummed to but I am going to add spindles and skis, man strap, already do bars and riser, no need for limiter strap and I can put up with the tunnel on the 175, even though it makes a huge difference on the 165. cheers dave

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
the calibration for the suspension just got finished for the 54 and 65, this has been a 2 year project, no time to calibrate it in time, i know guys say its easy to just add stuff, well none of those guys thought about any of these changes....so it takes time to invent, try, test and do it over and over....i was bummed to but I am going to add spindles and skis, man strap, already do bars and riser, no need for limiter strap and I can put up with the tunnel on the 175, even though it makes a huge difference on the 165. cheers dave

What is the part number for the spindles? Direct bolt on to a 2018 Summit SP ?

onedoubles

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2018
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-RYZeBePtFQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video, excellent walkthough. Timmy Likey.

A
DuraPro makes a great ski bushing that makes the ski very predictable and acts like a better shock. I have been very impressed with their product, customer service and the fact that they have noticed that lots of people on skidoo are using polaris gripper ski's. myself included and have made a bushing for that. Their pricing is great and lifetime warranty

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Does the brp accessory catalog limiter strap adjustment control fit just like the one on that x-pert summit ?

I read that the A-arms are different as well are they ?

Dave , I got a little lost on your write up of pending mods you are going to install , are you or are you not going to add the limiter strap remote adjustment , or is it already installed ?

Will that short flap rivet on a normal summit tunnel ?

Will BRP be offering even shorter risers ?

How’s the Brp mono rail making out :eyebrows: ?

Thanks Dave

onedoubles

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2018
DuraPro makes a great ski bushing that makes the ski very predictable and acts like a better shock. I have been very impressed with their product, customer service and the fact that they have noticed that lots of people on skidoo are using polaris gripper ski's. myself included and have made a bushing for that. Their pricing is great and lifetime warranty

I agree - put on a set, very happy

onedoubles

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2018
Does the brp accessory catalog limiter strap adjustment control fit just like the one on that x-pert summit ?

I read that the A-arms are different as well are they ?

Dave , I got a little lost on your write up of pending mods you are going to install , are you or are you not going to add the limiter strap remote adjustment , or is it already installed ?

Will that short flap rivet on a normal summit tunnel ?

Will BRP be offering even shorter risers ?

How’s the Brp mono rail making out :eyebrows: ?

Thanks Dave

The video will answer many of these questions....

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

This company ?

DuraPro

Premium Features