• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Position of ice scrapers

W
Jan 20, 2019
Been riding on a lot of hardpack, ice. 800 XRS renegade 2015 , Been heating up. Trying some ice scrapers, mount behind front idlers? Do the 600's have as much a heating issue? Need some fresh snow. Thanks Dan:juggle:

R
Nov 16, 2016
A wise man once said: "when the conditions are icy, it is best to NOT go riding!" Many "ice scratchers" do not do what we think they will do!

Be careful..... one excessive over-heat can damage your expensive engine.

Also, note that you can pull over and stack snow on the top surface of your "heat exchanger".
Start engine and allow the snow to lower the temp of the engine coolant!

But again, it's best to NOT ride on an icy surface.

R
Nov 16, 2016
You may also look at this new product on the market. Although it is set up for Polaris, it will work on all brands. iceboxxpro.com

Great idea, however, for those of us with Tunnel Bags, that system may not work very well.
And again, if conditions are icy, it's best to not ride.

If you need to ride through ice for only a mile or so, just pick up some snow and lay it on your heat exchanger. Ride a bit.... pull over..... grab more snow..... ride a bit more..... and so on.

montanapup

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2017
Washington
www.iceboxxpro.com
I have one that has tunnel bag rails on the top for my bag. Best of both worlds. In the Cascades, if we didn't ride on hardpack and ice we wouldn't get much riding in. That's why they call it the "Cascade Concrete".

picture.php

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
For the wide stance trail sleds, we mount our scratchers to the inside of our skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features