• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warrenty Bulletin: 850 E-Tech Engine Coolant Outlet Hose Leak?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just Currious.
But has anyone here on SnoWest actually experienced this failure first hand?

picture.php

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Few gentlemen on Facebook reported having the problem. Less than a handful of burndowns if any (never know what you read). I thought it was 2019s only? I could be wrong but I think the sheet is indicating such.

Otherwise guys have caught it but did have coolant everywhere. Even presented pictures I imagine it is an easy catch... The gauge would be letting you know it is overheating.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Few gentlemen on Facebook reported having the problem. Less than a handful of burndowns if any (never know what you read). I thought it was 2019s only? I could be wrong but I think the sheet is indicating such.

Otherwise guys have caught it but did have coolant everywhere. Even presented pictures I imagine it is an easy catch... The gauge would be letting you know it is overheating.
I have not heard of anyone I know actually having this problem

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I have not heard of anyone I know actually having this problem

Same here. I don't actually know the people that I heard it from on Facebook. For all I know they squirted their own coolant all over the engine bay but goodness that going to extreme measures for no good reason.

If I could bring up the picture and post I would. Also, seems like some who did report it were on trail sleds. Not saying it is limited to trail sleds but that's what I remember seeing.

UPDATE/EDIT: Found the post of the guy who had the issue and caught it before anything serious.

Coolant.JPG

Last edited:

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
My ‘17 was getting hot last trip when on trail to the good stuff. All other sleds fine so looked and coolant is low which I’ve never seen on any sled I’ve owned.

Could this be my issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

oredigger

Nov 28, 2007
Troy, MT
Yes I had this happen last weekend on my 2019. The engine did overheat but the computer gave the warning and de-rated the rpm's.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
My ‘17 was getting hot last trip when on trail to the good stuff. All other sleds fine so looked and coolant is low which I’ve never seen on any sled I’ve owned.

Could this be my issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so as this bulletin only applies to 2019s as far as I know but you never know so give the sled a good check.

Quick advice in case ya didn't know.. when the sled is warmed up the coolant level in the bottle will drop. Don't be alarmed if it drops but be alarmed if you don't see any. Regardless, like AK said, you will get warning.

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Oetiker clamps require a specific exterior dimension of a hose to be 100% effective. Rumor has it that 'Doo got a batch of hoses that wasn't as thick, so the clamp didn't grab properly. Other guys have reported that the clamp wasn't properly crimped. It's an easy fix and a bunch of folks on other forums have reported their's being loose or leaking.

Premium Features