• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

phazer boost leaks need help thx

skibob1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
central az
need help phazer mcx no head shim. checking for leaks found one on a vent line fixed that. when i pressure the system do i need to plug the exhaust? i have air coming out of it thx

Last edited:

skibob1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
central az
found out i needed to be at tdc.
one more question though, would i have any issues if there are leaks in the pipe from the exhaust to the turbo.
who ever installed it has a lot of pin hole leaks in the weld right before the turbo.
should i re weld it up? thx

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Phazer were notorious for late boost and poor power due to the stock secondary clutch that came from the old 2 stroke Phazer. Put a real Yamaha secondary on it and you will be amazed. Info on the web on how to get a SRX or Vmax secondary on it.

skibob1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
central az
still have some leaks where rhe gaskets are from the header to the y pipes. bought the new thicker copper ones and it still blows out air there. any tips would be great! any sealant work? any other joint reworking or fab fix help it out. have a trip comming up in 8 days to cooke city.thx

Premium Features