• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SX LT

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Would really like to get some feedback from those that have the Timbersled SX 137 LT kits. How do they compare to the regular ST & LT kits? How much flotation do you give up with the narrower track in the powder? Flotation & Handling.....are they closer to the regular LT? Or regular ST?

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
They climb with an LT if there is a base and 2ft or less of powder on it, out handles a st, out jumps both badly, they flat rock! The only time you may lose a little ground to a lt is in super deep bottomless powder, even then they are more manuverable and can be ridden harder so if you ride hard there won't be much difference. I haven't seen a drawback to running one besides price. There is a learning curve with them, its takes a few days to figure out how to make the most out of them. If you like to sit and ride easy its probably not your thing, they need to be rode hard.

Last edited:
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Out jumps the ST badly? Just spent four days with the crews filming, Braaap, Slednecks, and Discovery. 100 foot whips and air beyond your dreams. They weren't riding LT's

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
Out jump the regualr st and lt, not the sx st, my regular st wouldn't take nearly the abuse the sx or my SXLT will take. Were those guys jumping STs like that or SXs? If so on the st they must have some waaaaay better shocks on theirs than I had on mine. I suppose if the st had air shocks that I could stiffen up to the correct spring rate it would be different, but with the stock springs I tanked the shocks hard of of everything.

Last edited:

Gros Chien

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Qc,Can. & Whistler in the winter
Out jumps the ST badly? Just spent four days with the crews filming, Braaap, Slednecks, and Discovery. 100 foot whips and air beyond your dreams. They weren't riding LT's

You happy with your new ride Randy? My back is still too sore to go for a rip and the snow isn't that good here, so a few more days before I get to go for a rip. Can't wait though.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I've had an SXLT with us on more than a couple rides this season (2 different bikes and riders). It seems to go everywhere the LT goes and the owners are both happy with them. The LT still has the advantage in the steep and deep but it's not a huge one. I bet in the spring time that SXLT is going to be a really fun kit to have.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
I see what you meant. Yes, nothing feels better or handles better for jumping, racing, or just railing a whooped out road like the SX kits. These guys all run the SX with super nice piggy back evol shocks. Even in the steepee and deep. They are a great kit that isn't specialized for one purpose. They really work well for everything.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
You happy with your new ride Randy? My back is still too sore to go for a rip and the snow isn't that good here, so a few more days before I get to go for a rip. Can't wait though.

I am super happy with my new ride! It is unreal in the super steep, deep, trees. Very happy

C

Corban_White

Dec 30, 2009
Does the SX fit kit have bearings in the swingarm pivot? Has anyone ever tried to replace the strut rod with a shock on the regular kit? Obviously the spring rate would need to be pretty high and the travel limited.....

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
I've had an SXLT with us on more than a couple rides this season (2 different bikes and riders). It seems to go everywhere the LT goes and the owners are both happy with them. The LT still has the advantage in the steep and deep but it's not a huge one. I bet in the spring time that SXLT is going to be a really fun kit to have.

Yes, the SX is an amazing all around, high performance kit. They go everywhere. We ride constantly with many different riders and kits. The "little" SX 121 with only a 10" track is everywhere the huge 137 X 12 is. Often times they are on top first. The added advantage is the suspension and speed. Other than a few early season days, the SX kits often spend their time waiting for the LT's to catch up.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Thanks for the great feedback on the 2015 SX 137 LT. I am thinking that this would be a great middle ground kit between the standard ST and the standard LT. I was way impressed with my test ride on a 120 SX. It handles the hard pack snow like a dream!

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
I'm very new to jumping and such and I've already bottomed out the ST. SXLT for me next year!

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
The 2015 ST has a lot more in it- even more travel if you want it. If you're bottoming it, we need to help you set it up correctly. It will give you a lot more performance. Call us at Timbersled, and we'll guide you through the quick process of setting your rear suspension to your riding style. The ST and LT are designed to take big hits. The SX is designed to take bigger hits. A properly set up ST or LT should handle what 90% of us can dish out.

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
The 2015 ST has a lot more in it- even more travel if you want it. If you're bottoming it, we need to help you set it up correctly. It will give you a lot more performance. Call us at Timbersled, and we'll guide you through the quick process of setting your rear suspension to your riding style. The ST and LT are designed to take big hits. The SX is designed to take bigger hits. A properly set up ST or LT should handle what 90% of us can dish out.

I've previously owned the ST and the LT kits. For 2015 I got the SX LT and really like it. However, Brett's right about the ST and LT kits being as good or better 90% of the time, especially if you aren't throwing your body off , cliffs, jumping huge avy cornices, or racing. I like the extra bump capability of the SX LT on the rough trails and the very rare jump (the older I get, the faster I was...). Riders being equal, the SX wins all races (although I've stolen a few holeshots from them!), but my SX LT can climb nearly as well in pow as the LT and better than the ST. It's quite a bit quicker on roads/trails than the ST/LT. Is it worth the extra $? For me - Yup!

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
BTW, there is no need to sit at home just because the snow isn't perfect, especially with the SX or SX LT. Remember we're all riding dirtbikes in the snow and go have fun! You tend to play harder when there isn't 4 feet of fresh pow - the Sx and SX LT kits really shine in the spring like conditions we have this winter.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
BTW, there is no need to sit at home just because the snow isn't perfect, especially with the SX or SX LT. Remember we're all riding dirtbikes in the snow and go have fun! You tend to play harder when there isn't 4 feet of fresh pow - the Sx and SX LT kits really shine in the spring like conditions we have this winter.
Amen,

Was out riding with a 2015 SXF 450 and just a 120" SX and in the hard wind blown snow we having around Bozeman it felt about as nimble as a a dirtbike in the dunes. A tiny bit slower then a dirtbike but I had a hell of a lot of fun on it. Super fun and bike like in the harder snow.

M
Jan 15, 2013
I have a 2015 SX LT available

I have a 2015 SX LT for sale for $6250 only road 4 times because I own two kits. Give me a call, Jerry 208-640-6670

SX LT.jpg

Premium Features