• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best clutch for snowbikes?

D

DenverSnowBike

Feb 4, 2015
Denver, CO
Gents...

New to the forum, been reading and reading and reading articles, forums etc for the last 6 months. I'm doing a snowbike build this summer/fall with my 2010 KX450F EFI. I have most everything figured out so far....expect clutch. Most people seem to be running rekluse, which makes sense. What other options are good/better? Is rekluse the only way to go?

Thanks!

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The Rekluse Core EXP is nice. I had one on my KX450 and it's cool but totally absolutely not mandatory. Quite frankly I find the Rekluse to be so much better in the summer than the winter that I just run a stock clutch all winter. The Rekluse makes tight technical summer terrain much more manageable but in the winter it's basically stall protection and lazy tractor mode. Don't worry about it unless you want to spend the coin on a nice luxury item.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I am sure a Recluse is nice but not completely mandatory.If you have been riding w/out one i would not bother unless you got money burnin a hole your pocket:face-icon-small-coo

D

DenverSnowBike

Feb 4, 2015
Denver, CO
I've never had a rekluse...always just rode the stock clutch. I'm sure it would be nice for all the single track riding we do here in Colorado. Good info! Saving $900 would be handy...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
rekluse is killer in the summer, winter, not a big deal.

I have hinson guts in my YZ clutch as my stockers had been worked pretty hard. holds strong and I work the hell out of it so im happy!

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
Maybe some disagree about Rekluse but I like it.
When you're stuck and the clutch lever is buirred in the snow, it's a big benefit to get unstuck.
Also, when climbing i high gear, with a lot of track speed, easing the throttle, its easy to stall. Rekluse will keep the bike running despite lack of clutch operating skills.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
one thing with a rekluse is you wont be able to pull start your bike or do the seat bounce and fire it up going down a hill.

haven't got one because i want that option.

Premium Features