• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidepanel interchangability betweenyears of TS

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I know the 11-14 kits take the same panels but can you put a 14 panel on a 15? Like use both 2014 panels ad regain the clearance to run a 2.5"??

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
I know the 11-14 kits take the same panels but can you put a 14 panel on a 15? Like use both 2014 panels ad regain the clearance to run a 2.5"??

Yes you can. You have to use "both sides" the same. The suspension location and axles are slightly moved from 2014 to 2015. The Tunnel top is also slightly different. One extra bolt. If you were to use "both" 2014 side panels it would work but you would loose all the geometry advantages of the 2015. I have heard some have used smaller upper bogie wheels on the 2015, 2.5" clearance and maintaining the 2015 geometry advantages.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Interesting to know about doing both panels, Randy. I'd always been told they are not interchangeable. Thanks for the clarification.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Yes, that will work but relocating the suspension anchor points to the 2014 panels moves the geometry back one model year. It gains a little track clearance, but I would recommend smaller top Idler wheels on the 2015.

"Correction" - I got the details from production in taking on a project like this. Do you have a 2014 kit to rob parts? You will also need the chain case cover and other misc. parts for the 14 panels swap, not to mention the tunnel top modifications. It would not be worth your time and $$ to pursue traction / performance enhancement mods. The smaller Idler wheels cause the upper shock mounts to rub the track.... I would wait just a little bit, Timbersled is and has been designing and engineering some amazing things. You will not want to spend your time and money modding your kit. You won't have to. :)

Last edited:

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
thanks guys. I am going to blend the two styles to get the forward and roll features of the 15 with the room for 2.5" lugs. Hopefully?? I have a set of the iceage +3" panels that seem to have gone away, but they are so far forward (3"), that they don't work on linkage bikes without cutting off the linkage mounting ears.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
thanks guys. I am going to blend the two styles to get the forward and roll features of the 15 with the room for 2.5" lugs. Hopefully?? I have a set of the iceage +3" panels that seem to have gone away, but they are so far forward (3"), that they don't work on linkage bikes without cutting off the linkage mounting ears.

As mentioned above, changing a 2015 side panel set to a 2014 set is doable, but very expensive. The short list would would require the following minimum of things:
• 2014 left and right side panels
• 2014 chain case cover
• 2014 chain case stand offs- (4)
• 2014 chain case chain tensioner and misc parts
• 2014 tunnel top
• Welding tunnel top mounts to frame. Modifying your side panels to work with the 4 bolt housings. etc, etc.

You cannot go to smaller upper idler wheels on a 2015 kit. The upper shock mounts will tear up the inside of the track.
If customers are patient, Timbersled will have options for them. We always have.

I would not recommend wasting your money on currently available traction enhancements. You will soon be very disappointed that you did.

Premium Features