• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 PowerSports unveils new MAXTRAK 2.5

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Brett, I do have a 2.3" on my 2015 LT. I changed out the top idler wheels to 5" wheel, which gave me 1/4" clearance.

It's not an ideal fit, and I'm sure if I were in your shoes I would stick to the position of 2" being the largest that can fit. Although, mine is working, and only rubbing a small amount on complete bottom outs.

Jon

sullcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2009
Got a chance to ride 121 max track today. Big difference on the trail, easy to initiate a turn. Getting off in the deep powder, very noticeably different in how fast the bike revs, track spools up quick. Money well spent, wicked track in my opinion. Bikes ktm turbo 520, husky fc520, sxf 520.
Thanks Jamie!

R
Aug 24, 2014
Couple of us bought the 137’s very impressed with the added traction and handling characteristics. The guys at C3 also provide excellent customer service. Very happy with the switch thanks C3.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

S
Oct 5, 2008
Okanagan
Swapped over 2 2014 short tracks to the 137 2.5 c3 tracks. Re and re new timbersled rails on one and extensions on the other.
The rails are a direct swap. Weighed both tracks with hanging commercial scale on the re and re. The 137 c3 is exact same weight as the stock 121 2 inch TS track at 30lbs. Its a absolute no brainer.
If you have 1900 to burn grab the rails and track.
If you just want the track, fab up some extensions and save 750 bucks. Makes no difference in the snow at all. We have done both ways.
There a 2.86 pitch so make sure you get it right with your drivers.
One man swap out in about 2 hours. Couple tricks to make it easier to swap. Remove back boogie wheels completely and will be much easier.
Night and day difference.
There is no comparison, its the best upgrade going.

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
project downgrade to upgrade

got my maxtrack 137 on saturday. I pulled a long night and day in the shop and put it back together. I went ahead and installed a heat exchanger and got rid of the radiators on my 2012 yz450f while I had the kit apart. also added a tunnel extension and a plain wrap and bearing upgrade kit while it was apart. I put on scratchers for the heat exchanger efficiency and also to lube the new track since its only clipped every other window. a friend came into town and we rode monday, WOW! incredible! handles so good on the trail with the profiling and in the deep I pulled out of a couple sure stucks, it just kept clawing ahead! also sppols up quick! Heat exchanger worked perfectly ran 165 -180 all day, where before on a long slow hard pull would heat up over 220 at times. Thanks c3! awesome service! Its not even february 1st so to me it was worth it to get it this year and use it for the next 3 months!

IMG_1431.jpg IMG_1428.jpg IMG_1427.jpg IMG_1425.jpg IMG_1432.jpg IMG_1430.jpg

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Dirt rebel You should start a thread detailing your heat exchanger! Very curious to see what you did. Great ideas IMHO

G

grinney

Feb 6, 2010
I feel like this may be a dumb question but I gotta ask before mine shows up I was wondering if a guy can get away with just taking the right panel off so I don't have to mess with the chain case

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I feel like this may be a dumb question but I gotta ask before mine shows up I was wondering if a guy can get away with just taking the right panel off so I don't have to mess with the chain case

yup, right panel and pull the rear idler wheels helps, easy!

I should add, lock out the flex arm before dissasembly and also the rear suspension arm will want to extend a little as you loosen the skid bolts so I have been putting a strap from the top of the rear arm to the skid rail so the bolt does not get tweaked on the way out damaging the threads.

Last edited:

sullcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2009
4 bolts and you can drop the skid out of the way and remove the right side panel. Install new track on driver, install side. panel. Put front arm in first, strap back shock to compress slightly, bolt rear arm in. Tighten track.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Is there a way to extend 120 to 129? 9inches of track length ,??, 136-144 would be 8". I remember that the extensions were old style arctic cat. Anyone got a part number?

Y
Nov 26, 2007
there was a post a couple days back and some simpleton said Ice Age rails. I thought to myself thats not an answer or part number and then your question in this post---the weird part is you gave that answer in the other post- weird.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Is there a way to extend 120 to 129? 9inches of track length ,??, 136-144 would be 8". I remember that the extensions were old style arctic cat. Anyone got a part number?

Tracks USA has them for 140$ they are from a crossfire.

Premium Features