• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best forward a-arms

Best spindle forward a-arms?

• Skinz Concept

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • ZBROZ

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • CR Racing

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Diamond S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
So be easy on my my mechanical ignorance...... Does adjusting the caster give you the same performance gain as a +3 set up....... These seem pretty reasonable for a novice....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, you have to go forward with a MTX. The Slicast kit just gives you camber and caster adjustability.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Honestly I dont think there is anyone that flat out hates the skinz kit There are quite a few that dont like certain things about the kit. that goes for every kit out there. I am sure most people would agree that the kit helps the nytro perform better.
It just a matter of you being able to look past the small short coming in the kit. I bought the kit I have because I felt it was a better kit overall but that is just me and my opinion.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Does anyone have the skinzs A-Arms and not like them?

iam not going to say i dont like them because there are some things i like about them & they are a big improvement from stock.with that said they make your steering very heavy,i have switched to the cr 37 3+ now & like them allot better.:face-icon-small-coo

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I like the performance of them. I am not in love with the durability of them. I broke one control arm that was not the fault of the kit. The next ride after I replaced the arm a bumped a rock at very low speed and it bent the tie rod sleeve and the lower heim joint which was the larger 5/8" version they moved all their arms to.

And I don't like that they come with the crappy stock plastic bushings which are already loose on mine.

Performance is good though.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Honestly I dont think there is anyone that flat out hates the skinz kit There are quite a few that dont like certain things about the kit. that goes for every kit out there. I am sure most people would agree that the kit helps the nytro perform better.
It just a matter of you being able to look past the small short coming in the kit. I bought the kit I have because I felt it was a better kit overall but that is just me and my opinion.

I am sure Summitboy could give you a few hateful words about them:face-icon-small-ton

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
iam not going to say i dont like them because there are some things i like about them & they are a big improvement from stock.with that said they make your steering very heavy,i have switched to the cr 37 3+ now & like them allot better.:face-icon-small-coo

I found that my ski pressure went down when I installed them. Seemed to me that it transferred some weight back to the center shock as I had to turn that preload up on that shock.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I found that my ski pressure went down when I installed them. Seemed to me that it transferred some weight back to the center shock as I had to turn that preload up on that shock.

if you turned up the preload on your center shock that will take pressure off the front end,that is one of the things skins recommends to help with the ski pressure.one other thing about the skins front end is, i have bent my steering arms a bunch of time from just normal riding without impacting anything.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Well thanks for the imput on that it helps. I still am running stock arms and need to figure out what im gonna run.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
he sells skins a-arm so :face-icon-small-win

If that's what he meant, I can agree with first to do it, but not first to perfect it. They claim to have "reverse engineered" the concept. This may be true but I question their engineering on a few points. Proper engineering would not have used 1/2" heim joints on the lower A arm. Even the 5/8" heim joint are iffy IMO. Properly engineered tie rods do not have a bend close to the middle. Should I carry on? I could. Yes, I build A arms...........now. I never planned on getting into the game, but everywhere I looked I saw room for improvement.

000_0014.jpg 000_0015.jpg 000_0017.jpg

Last edited:

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
i have the skins with 1/2 heim joints .. it the only one i have ridden ..
i broke 2 lower heim joints when i hit big rocks ! both threw me over the bars. but i cary a spare in my tool bag and i changed the one and rode the rest of the day ! the other one was rusted and couldn't get it out ! had to cut a tree and make a splint..
I would rather replace a$30 heim joint than A frame ,spindle or sub frame ! something is gonna give !

Premium Features