• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons Gen III skis: Cutting out the sides for better side hilling

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Chris Brown's Yami I rode has cut skis, not sure what brand/style but they are fatties. His sled rode awesome in the pow and he boondocks that thing like it's 100lbs lighter than it is. Very impressed with his riding and that sled. Man he was still busted up pretty good when I rode with him too, definitely not 100% last year.

I am pretty sure he has a bit deeper skill set than I do. I really like the stock skis for everything but the 2 foot powder days. My wife and son had a tough time losing one ski through as they didn't have the body mass to correct. I am thinking 8 inch skis would be a happy medium.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
It is not as much the ski that requires that much strength , the track making the bike stand up is the tough one.
The hawk track makes a huge difference there and if you want to go with a easier steering ski just wait for the new bike specific simmons.
As soon as you have the single keel for down the trail it is a whole new ball game there.

Premium Features