• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz XM/XS Bumper on an XP

07SummitX800R

Dec 2, 2007
Stansbury Park, Utah
I really liked the new XM/XS bumper from Skinz, so I called Sled Solutions and asked them if it would fit the XP. He told me an emphatic NO. I asked him why not, and he said it was not backwards compatible and that there was no way it would fit. Didn't seem to make sense, so I called Skinz direct. They said there was a possibility that it might fit, but they didn't have an XP in the shop to test fit it, so they said they couldn't make any guarantees. So, I headed to the dealer and they had the XP bumper sitting on the shelf next to an XM bumper, and they looked identical. The only difference between the two was that the XM bumper has a triangular shaped profile, and the XM bumper is square. The mounting however was the same. So I figured what the hell, and ordered one. To my satisfaction, it was a direct fit and bolted right up. I wish the welds were a little cleaner on the bumper, but I love the look. I was considering the JT Panels bumper, but I liked this one better. Anyway, for what it's worth, if anyone else likes the bumper and wants to install one on your XP, rest assured, it fits just fine. Just a heads up though, like the JT bumper, the factory cover is very tight with the new bumper on. I'm going to take the cover and have it reinforced, but just be aware that it is a tight fit.

xpost-119887-0-31985300-1384569807.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oznaTllja3.jpg

xpost-119887-0-90890100-1384569807.jpg.pagespeed.ic.E0-Hh9rC2s.jpg

xpost-119887-0-49573900-1384569808.jpg.pagespeed.ic.C832KlRLQM.jpg

xpost-119887-0-00056600-1384569809.jpg.pagespeed.ic._Cer-kdWOF.jpg

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
Great info and research! I've got to say, I have never been impressed with Skinz and this seals the deal for me. Keep in mind this is only my opinion. Just looks extremely "made in uncle Dales garage" type quality, with a "handcrafted to absolute perfection" price. But, at the end of the day its your sled and as long as you're happy with it, that is all that matters. Again, just my opinion. (even though you didn't ask for it :face-icon-small-ton "

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
thats cool it fit xp.but i would have to grind those crappy welds or send it back.

07SummitX800R

Dec 2, 2007
Stansbury Park, Utah
Great info and research! I've got to say, I have never been impressed with Skinz and this seals the deal for me. Keep in mind this is only my opinion. Just looks extremely "made in uncle Dales garage" type quality, with a "handcrafted to absolute perfection" price. But, at the end of the day its your sled and as long as you're happy with it, that is all that matters. Again, just my opinion. (even though you didn't ask for it :face-icon-small-ton "

It's funny you both mentioned that. I like the design a lot, but I went out in the garage last night before bed, and stood there looking at it and kept thinking "how can I spend that kind of money on such poor craftsmanship?" and pulled it off the sled. So, for anyone that wonders if it will fit, it will. But I'm sending it back.

Premium Features