• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hifax and boggie wheels

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
How many boggie wheels are people running on a 96 summit 670 with a stock skid extended to 144. The stock set up has 8 total. 2 wheels at the very front outside the rails,2 pairs (4 wheels) down the middle inside rails then the large ones at the back. Large ones have to stay I know that. Also looking to replace the hifax. They have at least 2400 miles on them. Whats a good hifax and where can they be purchased for an older sled?

A
Sep 23, 2009
I think I'm down to six or four boogie wheels on mine and it's out to a 153". As for hyfax, depending on your riding (trails-bad, powder-good), it might be good. There should be a line scribed down the side of it, which will indicate replacement is needed. It always wears most in front.

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
I run two up front, two midway down on the rails, the two up top, and the stock three in the rear. The only ones you could really remove are the midway ones on the rails. Why? You save less than 1/2 a pound.

Premium Features