• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Nypex

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Here's a couple of vids (helmet cam, so not the best) of the Zeb on the sled:

This video is me at the start, Zeb comes in at 1:04. That thing sounds sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPpeDdNN0Ys

Here he does a sprocket turn in the DEEEEEEP powder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omNcxnnMMd8

That thing spools so quickly and runs so cleanly it's crazy!

What kinda kit is on the nytro in the first video?? What kinda BOV cause its not working:face-icon-small-sho
Read my squak squak thread.....

Has anyone had there impulse BOV apart of can show me what the spring looks like in it??

bigrhett

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, UT
What kinda kit is on the nytro in the first video?? What kinda BOV cause its not working:face-icon-small-sho

Has anyone had there impulse BOV apart of can show me what the spring looks like in it??

Ya, it's the Impulse kit, and interesting that you would comment on that as I was just talking with Zeb when we were riding that I want a softer spring. It's the Tial, and he knows what spring I need and is gonna get me one...or at least he said he would :face-icon-small-hap

So, this will serve as a little reminder to Zeb...please get me a spring.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Ya, it's the Impulse kit, and interesting that you would comment on that as I was just talking with Zeb when we were riding that I want a softer spring. It's the Tial, and he knows what spring I need and is gonna get me one...or at least he said he would :face-icon-small-hap

So, this will serve as a little reminder to Zeb...please get me a spring.

I also have Tial Bov with 6 psi spring and its to stiff.
So if Zeb can get me a softer spring i would be happy to :)

Is the 6 psi spring the softer there is??
Anyone who can get me a softer spring to my Tial bov please let me now :)

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.

If that one is not working right then mine is not working right. sounds just like that.

Last edited:
Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
So just a little update. I've been out twice and it's running awesome. The Apex standalone is amazing. I've never been on a sled where there isn't a hic-up somewhere in the powerband. This sled has no hic-ups. Super smooth, linear power all the way through the power band. I'm really blown away. I've been running a cute little 2860rs while I'm waiting on my other turbo and it's been very responsive. Dare I say close to as responsive to a Nytro motor:face-icon-small-sho. If not, it's very close with the timing maps Paul has built into this standalone and I thought I never would say that comparing a Apex motor to a Nytro motor. Responsive as all get-out and enough fuel to run 30 psi if you want.:rockon:

T
Mar 30, 2010
whats the wet weight zeb. i know diamond S nypex with all the titanium is right 580lbs full of fuel with the rev 11 gal tanks i'm guessing your in the low 600's i know the apex motor is only 8 lbs heavier than 3 cylinder. what kind track speed are you seeing? thats a 174x3 or 2.5?

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
whats the wet weight zeb. i know diamond S nypex with all the titanium is right 580lbs full of fuel with the rev 11 gal tanks i'm guessing your in the low 600's i know the apex motor is only 8 lbs heavier than 3 cylinder. what kind track speed are you seeing? thats a 174x3 or 2.5?

I really have no idea the weight is. Probably low 600's like you say. It's a 174x3. I don't even know my track speed because I eleminated all the Yamaha electrical stuff including the gauge with the standalone. Just so everyone knows you can keep the factory gauge with the standalone I just choose to do away with it, less wiring to deal with and a cleaner look.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Thats the nicest Nypex I've seen yet, pretty close to how I'd want one built. :face-icon-small-ton

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
What all was involved to fit the Apex motor into the stock Nytro chassis? Are there brackets or mounts etc from Impulse to do the install? Looks like a fairly simple clean install. Do you have any pics of the turbo kit mounted? Any cutting?

Last edited:
Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
What all was involved to fit the Apex motor into the stock Nytro chassis? Are there brackets or mounts etc from Impulse to do the install? Looks like a fairly simple clean install. Do you have any pics of the turbo kit mounted? Any cutting?

There is quite a bit of cutting, and a few brackets and mounts you get from Paul for the install. If anyone wants the details it's better to call Paul I would rather have him give the info then me because I really don't know what info he wants to give or keep.

I will say this is by far the funest build and sled I've had.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
There is quite a bit of cutting, and a few brackets and mounts you get from Paul for the install. If anyone wants the details it's better to call Paul I would rather have him give the info then me because I really don't know what info he wants to give or keep.

I will say this is by far the funest build and sled I've had.

Fair enough, you answered my question. I wouldn't consider anyone elses kit for a Nypex or try to wing it. Thx for the info, will talk to Paul if I ever consider it.

Premium Features