• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1995 Polaris Indy XLT 600?

I was shopping for a trailer and ended up with a 95 XLT 600 Poo and ('97 ZRT 600 ) AND a trailer. It's a nice looking sled and has around 2000 miles on it. So, now it looks like I'm going to clean up a Indy and sell her when the snow flies. I need some information from the experts...

What was the stock track? Doesn't look like a 121"
What are areas of concern with these sleds?
Where is the best place to get CHEAP parts...skis, seats, cover, etc?

Thanks!!

S
Wow, 2000 miles on a 15 year old sled? Put that baby in a museum!
What was the stock track? Doesn't look like a 121"
Depends on exact model. The short tracker was a 121", but the SKS was a 133.5".
What are areas of concern with these sleds?
Other than usual things to look for on a sled that old, here's what I can offer based on the one I owned:
-My stocker went to just short of 10,000 miles before the PTO bearing went. If the sleds been piped and not tuned well, the crank will go long before then.
-Shut the fuel off if you're travelling or if you get it stuck and parked at a downhill pointing angle (say in a ditch or something) otherwise she'll flood every time.
-On cold days, choke, a couple pulls, un-choke it before you keep pulling or it'll flood - they ain't cold blooded.
-They like their oil. Mine lived on good ol' cheap Castrol, no fancy synthetics.

Otherwise, great sled. The low bars and seat feel archaic now compared to my new sled.

Thanks!!
That depends entirely where you are. Costco has some nice covers for $50 cdn right now.

Have fun, good luck!

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt

Thanks!!

Ebay. There is tons of stuff for the Indys on there. Problem is there is there are guys selling stuff they think is for an XLT but isn't (or know it's not but label it as XLT stuff). Do your research, ask your dealer for help, use the forum here to make sure of what you're getting.

Also look here in the swapmeet section. Lots of us have stuff for these old sleds gathering dust in the shed.

Premium Features