• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1995 Summit 670 wont stay running

B
Nov 26, 2009
Spearfish, SD
I have a 1995 ski doo summit 670. I bought it, unloaded it, and rode it through the yard to park it. I came out a week later to mess with it. It ran perfectly when I parked it so I figured it would run fine now. Wrong! I got it started (2nd pull) let it idle for about 2 mins. And then it bogged out and died.
I pulled and pulled and pulled and didn't even get a sputter, after getting frustrated I went inside. After letting it sit last night, I came out pulled on it 3 times and it started. Again I let it run for roughly 2 mins, and it bogged out and died. I pulled for another 30 mins and couldn't even get a sputter out of it again.
I checked, and it is getting spark. I don't know where to go from here. It has gas, the primer knob pumps fuel, the carbs are getting gas. Could the RAVE power valves have something to do with it? What else can I check?

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Hey I know what you mean the 95 670 I bought today does exactly the same thing. Of course the chances are high we are talking about the same sled since I picked it up from Spearfish today. Dont worry I am not upset, I like a challenge and I purchased it cheap enough that I did not expect it to run perfect. If I cannot get it running there are still numerous parts to be sold on e-bay which was what I had bought for originally. I do like to get the sleds I part out running before I dismantle them. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I believe I found the problem. The HAC was popped out of the airbox. Popped it back in and it starts the first pull each time. Ran it on the stand for 5-10 min shut it off restarted ran it again for 5-10 min and drove it from the alley into my back yard. It does seem to trip the temp light quicker than other sleds I have owned while running on the stand in 65 degree weather.

Premium Features