• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best All around rear Skid (if money did not matter)

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I'm looking for a new rear suspension for my REV Project (600SDI). I'm going to go with a 144 inside a VE boondocker tunnel and I'm looking for the best all around rear skid. I need something that can perform off trail (very rarely see's bottomless powder), can take a good beating and can be trail soft. There are still days where I may put on 300 miles riding with family. But most of my riding is off trail boondocking type.

So if money was not an option what would you suggest? M-10, EZ Ryde, Old Expert X, Tom's snowmobile Air suspension? I'm open to any options out there, I just want to know what guys have run and been happy with.

Thanks,
Ben

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
I'm looking for a new rear suspension for my REV Project (600SDI). I'm going to go with a 144 inside a VE boondocker tunnel and I'm looking for the best all around rear skid. I need something that can perform off trail (very rarely see's bottomless powder), can take a good beating and can be trail soft. There are still days where I may put on 300 miles riding with family. But most of my riding is off trail boondocking type.

So if money was not an option what would you suggest? M-10, EZ Ryde, Old Expert X, Tom's snowmobile Air suspension? I'm open to any options out there, I just want to know what guys have run and been happy with.

Thanks,
Ben

hey Ben
well I had the old expert-x on my project rev with and cat 900 wth hooper 1035 preditor kit and fox evols on front it went great in the pow and on trail nothing could touch them---------lots say it heavy and yes my 151 was 80 pound but tough to break and i tried:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

my new 1200 turbo xr doo has the e-z ryde love it has to be set up right not as indistuctible as the epert-x but feels simulair

rode the m-10 air loved it worth every penny

my 2 cents for that 600 of your the m-10 is you cadilac choice will give you it all the glamouir the glits the plush ride -------
saying that the ez ryde youll like just as much and it cost less and looks just as good and the different in the shocks is small
but people who love suspention are picky on what they like and need
good luck on your build:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
hey Ben
well I had the old expert-x on my project rev with and cat 900 wth hooper 1035 preditor kit and fox evols on front it went great in the pow and on trail nothing could touch them---------lots say it heavy and yes my 151 was 80 pound but tough to break and i tried:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

my new 1200 turbo xr doo has the e-z ryde love it has to be set up right not as indistuctible as the epert-x but feels simulair

rode the m-10 air loved it worth every penny

my 2 cents for that 600 of your the m-10 is you cadilac choice will give you it all the glamouir the glits the plush ride -------
saying that the ez ryde youll like just as much and it cost less and looks just as good and the different in the shocks is small
but people who love suspention are picky on what they like and need
good luck on your build:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

That's for the info. I have road a few sleds with the M-10 (not that the air yet) and when set-up it's a sweet ride. But can it take a beating? I have always liked the Expert-X but don't like the idea of buying a high dollar suspension and it not being available any more. I want the manufacture support.

So do you think the EZ-Ryde will hold up as strong as the Expert-X will?

Premium Features