• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Skis for the XP sled??

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
I own a summitt XP 146. The skis that came on them are horrible. Extremely weak and they have finally decided to start cracking. Does anyone have a pair of skis they really like on that chassis? SLP,SlyDog,C&A,Simmons...

E

extremsledder

Nov 26, 2007
quesnel b.c.
well i cant say for the xp but i have a pair of slydog powder hounds that i had on my zx and now on my rev and they have bean great skis i had one folded straight up in a tree one day and it just poped right back down and they r really good down the trail just my opinion

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have ridden the SLP's, Slydogs,Simmons and stock on XP's.....I am buying a set of Simmons for the deep and using the stockers for early and late season. The Simmons just work SO good in the deep and on roads but they wash out in the heavier spring snow.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
We ride in Colorado... Most of the high mountain riders use Powder Pro's... Will make your sled turn in all conditions..

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I like my Simmons but with the dual skags, they are probably a little harder to pull the sled over. This can be a problem especially on this sled as they are so stable and don't like to come over. The benefits are that the skids don't dart and flex and don't catch rocks much and can save the sled from damage because of this. I added XP Spindle Spacers to reduce steering effort by 20% and will make new ski saddles this season to narrow the ski stance by 1.5". This will be the final touch that will make the XP perfect.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Gotta say I love my USI Triple Threats. Great in powder, good flotation and control, and good on the trail too.

Jul 22, 2008
Powder Pro's! Sit on the seat and carve around in any condition! (Watch video below) It doesnt even feel like a skidoo anymore. I cant wait to try the spindle spacers with them, probably effortless control:face-icon-small-hap
Is it winter yet??

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Powder Pros seem to work the best in deep snow IMO.

SlyDogs are nice, but don't have much keel and lack bite in deep pow. Weird feel in the deep.

Simmons have the weight penalty, and the tips fold easily.

C&A Razors are nice, but too stiff shovel - it dives in light/dry pow.

C&A XT are wider, float like boats, but still suffer from stiff shovel, and weigh more than Simmons.

Those are the ones I've tried.

Good Luck!

MD.

G
Nov 6, 2008
What about MODS ski's for deep powder? anyone ever try them? i was thinking i would buy them, but will probably just go with the powder pro skis this year.

S
Aug 10, 2009
Go for the Simmons all the way.
I love them though I am used to them. I rode a friend of mine who had powder prows. they seemed to catch on anything. They did float better but they are not for me. I think it comes down to what you are used to either ski works better than the stock. I can to a figure 8 without pulling my leg over with a 163 track.

We have sold ,rode,tried and broke probably every ski on the market. I sell simmons and slp. Simmons are a excellent ski with increadable traction for sidehilling and turning in soft snow. They work excelent on the trail and "ADD" to the suspension due to the flex of the ski. The powder pros have excellent keel and traction on the trail and turn great in slightly setup snow, we have found the simmons to be a good all around ski for all conditions and yes you will sacrafice some weight. We install Simmons on every sled we build.Just my opinion.

S
Aug 21, 2001
Grantsburg,Wis
What about MODS ski's for deep powder? anyone ever try them? i was thinking i would buy them, but will probably just go with the powder pro skis this year.

Feel free to give me a call if you want to ask any questions about MODS Skis.

1-866-417-MODS (6637)
or my cell 715-222-9215 ( best way to get ahold of me during the day)

C
Feb 21, 2008
Mods ski vote

I've been running Mods for two years and really like them. They work well in the deep and they don't throw up a bunch of snow off the tip like others I have tried. They have been used for two seasons with very little wear. I'd recommend them. My two cents.:cool:

Premium Features