For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
tchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Belt Drives

For the last year I have been toying with the idea of running a belt drive and getting away from the chain and gear system on my 17 850 154 3 inch, I haven't been too happy with all the adjustment required and when I installed the up-dated chain and gears I was surprized to see how stretched last years chain was after only 1200 km. I like the idea of losing weight, both rotating and static. I like the idea of not blowing the chaincase apart if I lose a chain, however I'm not fond of the idea of blowing belts and changing them on the hill either.

So how many people have converted to a belt drive and what are you finding?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Currently: Nothing
ak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond repute

700 miles on the tki setup no problems yet. Changing a belt might be a challenge on the tki setup in the field the bottom gear goes on tight and needs to be removed if you want to change the belt from what I can see.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:57 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

2600 miles on my belt with a 3" and a 900 top end on a 16 cat. Never even think about it. Going to change it this summer. You want to change a belt drive in the field as much as a chain

Old 04-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Currently: Riding
hoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond repute

I've been considering the same thing. Any comments on TKI vs. BD Xtreme?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Mine is a tki

Old 04-15-2018, 08:00 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

I have a TKI on my stocker as well. Zero issues. Not to mention I think Tom is a 11 out of 10 when it comes to vendors. The guy will do anything he can to help you out and stands behind his stuff 110%. I will say people who talk about changing a belt in the field is easier than a chain are full of it. My buddy grenaded his chain on the mountain and made it back to the truck to steal parts from another sled and was back to the broken chain and had it operational and back to the truck in way less time than it would to take to change the belt. It's a chore and takes more tools. People who buy things for the sole purpose that they are easier to fix when broken are not very smart if you ask me.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:36 AM
Basic Member
tchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate everyone's comments, thanks. I only raise the issue of in field belt changing as I have read where people are having to do this basically because of belt tension (sort of a learning curve thing). I do have a buddy that runs a TKI in his 14 Cat and has no issues but I wanted to encompass a wider spectrum of people and specifically, the 850 Doo, however any and all feedback is appreciated.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchriste View Post
I appreciate everyone's comments, thanks. I only raise the issue of in field belt changing as I have read where people are having to do this basically because of belt tension (sort of a learning curve thing). I do have a buddy that runs a TKI in his 14 Cat and has no issues but I wanted to encompass a wider spectrum of people and specifically, the 850 Doo, however any and all feedback is appreciated.
I sell TKI so I hear all the feedback. I also run them on 2 Polaris and 1 Ski-Doo. They simply are reliable and you will not likely ever have to change the belt in the field. Set it and forget it.

http://www.sourceinnovations.ca

We also have TKI Belt Drives, Arm Candy A-Arm Braces, Oil Tank Inserts, Reversible Scratchers, Polaris Suspension Couplers, Track Clips, Clutching and more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Teth-Air For This Useful Post:
BIG JOHN (04-18-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Easy 40,000kms on my belt drive. Pretty easy to replace a blown belt, not so easy to replace a blown chain case on the mountain.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Currently: Loving the 850
mortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond reputemortelec has a reputation beyond repute

I plan on getting a tki this summer for mine as well. I didn't realize the belts were hard to change. Looks straight forward but doesn't sound like it is. I do like the thought that if the belt blows it's not going to wreck several other thing in it's path.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:58 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Currently: summer sucks
i'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond reputei'llDooit has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Basic Member
slyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-16-2018, 05:20 PM
Currently: Garage Riding
DITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM
DITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond reputeDITCHBANGER has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to treeboy For This Useful Post:
DITCHBANGER (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

Old 04-17-2018, 05:57 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 04-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 04-18-2018, 12:00 PM
grich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond reputegrich8888 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Currently: making Summits bettersince 1997
BIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeBIG JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to BIG JOHN For This Useful Post:
PaulAnd (04-18-2018)