• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 polaris pro 800 voltage issues? Bad ecu?

T
Mar 16, 2019
Im looking for some advice on which route to take next. My sled had stopped running while out ridding and wouldnt restart wasn't getting fuel i got it home after testing fuel pump and changing filter with no change found a yellow wire from the voltage regulator rubbed through spliced that and it starts and runs reinstalled hood and noticed i had no gauges or tail light which worked fine before. I changed the relay no change tested capacitor holds voltage tested voltage at dc plug 0 ac plug 0 tested voltage at stator plug in 1.5 . Hooked a battery to 12v dc plug light and gauges turned on. I then decided to change my stator and VR got those intalled sled still starts and runs still no voltage at dc plug 4 v at ac plug no tail light no gauge now no headlight and it seems to be idling much higher now im sratching my heading wondering if the ecu could be fried? Or? Any advice or input would be appreciated this thing has really been a pain.

tnormanllc

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2018
I am having some similar issues. Wondering how you test the voltage off the stator before the VR?

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Im looking for some advice on which route to take next. My sled had stopped running while out ridding and wouldnt restart wasn't getting fuel i got it home after testing fuel pump and changing filter with no change found a yellow wire from the voltage regulator rubbed through spliced that and it starts and runs reinstalled hood and noticed i had no gauges or tail light which worked fine before. I changed the relay no change tested capacitor holds voltage tested voltage at dc plug 0 ac plug 0 tested voltage at stator plug in 1.5 . Hooked a battery to 12v dc plug light and gauges turned on. I then decided to change my stator and VR got those intalled sled still starts and runs still no voltage at dc plug 4 v at ac plug no tail light no gauge now no headlight and it seems to be idling much higher now im sratching my heading wondering if the ecu could be fried? Or? Any advice or input would be appreciated this thing has really been a pain.

did you figure anything out with your sled? I have an axys with the same symptoms.

T
Mar 16, 2019
did you figure anything out with your sled? I have an axys with the same symptoms.

No i havent i changed the stator with a brand new stator and got it to fire again then died again and no start again i finally broke down and took it too a mechanic he hasn't found anything obvious yet ill let you know what he determines you can test the capacitor by charging it with 12 volts and testing to make sure it holds the voltage the capacitor should be in the wiring bundle by the voltage regulator its a black pouch with 2 wires coming out of it

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Replace voltage regulator. I have a 13 800 that I fought with runs much better than it did

T
Mar 16, 2019
Just wanted to post to let anyone know who comes across this got my pro fixed ended up being a bad ecu i was told this was a fairly common problem on 14 and 15 pro ecu goes tu and sends bad voltage back to stator which frys thats too hopefully this will help someone!

Premium Features