• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thunderstruck riders nail 5 first ascents last weekend in Revy

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

Thunderstruck

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Helena, MT
www.bigskyx.com
Being the first one up a chute in Revelstoke anymore is a huge accomplishment! Amazing riders from all over are showing up and conquering everything that can be conquered. But Brad Story, Randy Swenson, Dan Davidoff and Shain Stanger threw down some amazing lines with their turbos last weekend. The shortest climb was 1500 feet of vertical! Davidoff pulled the 1500 footer, Brad and Shain both pulled 1800 footers, Brad pulled another 2400 footer and Randy pulled a 2500 footer!!! It took Randy's Apex turbo 1 minute and 20 seconds to make the pull! Brad's big one took 1 minute and 10 seconds with an M1200 turbo! It was an amazing day in the chopper and my hat is off to these 4 guys, they all wowed all who bore witness. . . A very emotional day and a huge adrenaline rush!!! Great job guys!

Here are 2 pictures of these new chutes. . . Can you pick the lines BRAD and RANDY took? The first one to re-post the 2 correct lines DRAWN ON THE PHOTOS and labeled with which rider did which chute (Randy or Brad) wins 2 Thunderstruck DVDs of your choice. . . GOOD LUCK! If you were there please do not answer!

TS7Chutes2web.jpg

TS7Chutesweb.jpg

JIM

Thunderstruck

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Helena, MT
www.bigskyx.com
Noone has got it correct yet. . . Hero snow TRUE because you would die in an avalanche if you tried it in other conditions. No question. 98% of people would not even go to these chutes and you surely cannot get back out unless you pull a crazy chute or fly your sled out. These were by far the biggest pulls I've ever seen!!!!

HINT: The picture with Lyle's overturned sled only has ONE of the chutes in it. . .

JIM

R
Nov 26, 2007
Those aren't first ascent's we have been doing them for years on are stockers. But seriously nice climbs guy's wish I was with you that weekend jealous forsure.

Premium Features