• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 and M8 odometer

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I'm pretty sure if it is unplugged it will not add any miles to the odometer.
Not 100% positive though.

Good ?, I need to pay attention next time I ride without my hood.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Im preety sure you can. some info on this would be nice. i know on my freinds 1m and zr you can just unplug and stop the miles and put back in when u sale.:( I hope the M series has a sensor for it.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
The condition usually is a better indicator of wear than miles. We had an 05 that was a rental that had like 400 miles on it but was WORN big time, so I would say yes you can defeat the ODO.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
Sure can, but less likely on the '06. Couldn't really ride them without the hood unless you found another way to load the electrical system or the ECU would be toast. But if he disconnected the sensor on purpose....well, you get the idea.

S
Jan 29, 2008
I would do a compression check, also a real good look at the sled to tell what type of shape it is in. And yes you can diconnect the speedo, because it normally fails to work, and has to be repaced at the diamond drive.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
yes. just unhook the speedo wire on the DD and no miles rack up. but the ecu still continues to record hours the engine is run.

Premium Features